Song(s) you listened to Today by FORCE, not by Choice

realitybites

making lemonade
Getting ready for work this morning, I could hear this song being played by the guy in the apartment next to mine. I DO hope he was listening to the radio and not this song on CD.

What songs have you heard today by force rather than by choice?

Post them here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Song(s) you llstened to Today by FORCE, not by Choice

Misread this for a second as "not by Croce."

Guess we're all still missing him a little.

Some horrific Beyonce crap. On repeat. Then some bloke starts shouting over the end of it. Apparently he's great, but as granny used to tell me "Self praise is no recommendation." Awful. I can't remember anything about it except my utter contempt.

Then something about being happy, which was better, marginally, than the above, but mystified me by a line about "like a room without a roof". Rooms have ceilings, don't they? Houses have roofs. Still faintly annoying me even now. Perhaps he lives in a shed. Is a shed really a room? An aircraft hanger isn't really a room, is it? It's more of a space. I think a shed is a space too. Or a room. Igloo? He must live in an igloo. Hold on. That's a temporary structure, surely?

Anyway, you see my dilemma.

Here are some songs my dad used to make me listen to...

P.

I was watching a lady load her kids into the car yesterday and on the back window were KORN and TOOL stickers. For a moment I felt bad that those kids first memories of music were so... not musical. My dad was old country music all the time. And Elvis and Beach Boys and Creedance, not Freak on a Leash. :squiffy:

Then something about being happy, which was better, marginally, than the above, but mystified me by a line about "like a room without a roof". Rooms have ceilings, don't they? Houses have roofs. Still faintly annoying me even now. Perhaps he lives in a shed. Is a shed really a room? An aircraft hanger isn't really a room, is it? It's more of a space. I think a shed is a space too. Or a room. Igloo? He must live in an igloo. Hold on. That's a temporary structure, surely?

It's actually "like a room without a woof": Pharrell is telling us he'd like to have a puppy.
-I heard ya, bruvva!-

(Much better than the other possibility, "like a broom without a poof", which would give a very the song a sinister, molesting vibe...Unless you're into that sort of thing, of course...)

Some horrific Beyonce crap. On repeat. Then some bloke starts shouting over the end of it. Apparently he's great, but as granny used to tell me "Self praise is no recommendation." Awful. I can't remember anything about it except my utter contempt.

Anyway, you see my dilemma.

Haha. The Happy song from the animated film, Despicable Me 2. Pharrell Williams sung it at the Oscars. It is a little too 'happy' for my tastes. I think he meant there is no ceiling--metaphorically--to keep him contained, limited. The sky's the limit.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some songs my dad used to make me listen to...

P.

I like Band on the Run.

I and my co-worker went to lunch today and she drove. She had the radio tuned to some R&B station and that old 80’s song “Ring My Bell” came on which is actually a pretty good song so never mind.

I and my co-worker went to lunch today and she drove. She had the radio tuned to some R&B station and that old 80’s song “Ring My Bell” came on which is actually a pretty good song so never mind.

Haha. Have not heard that song in ages. Must listen NOW! :D

The Clitoris Song, allegedly.

"I'm glad you're home
Now did you really miss me?
I guess you did by the look in your eyes
Well lay back and relax while I put away the dishes
Then you and me can rock-a-bye

You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell

The night is young and full of possibilities
Well come on and let yourself be free
My love for you, so long than I've been savin'
Tonight was made for me and you

You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell"

UK #1 and in the US, I think. Great track.

I've been listening to this damn song for two straight days.
It suddenly popped into my head when I was running late, trying to find a group of people I was meeting for work - and it's still playing on an imaginary loop. :mad:

My neighbors who I share my backyard wall with in another apartment complex are a black woman and her daughter who are, I take it, Christian. (They have a bunny roughly the size of my cocker spaniel I slide lettuce and flowers under the fence to.) They were singing a song acapela about salvation that gave me goosebumps yesterday. It was a modern song, but they sang it soulfully so it sounded old. It was rather wonderful. I couldn't find it if I tried, I was too taken by the moment to commit to memory the lyrics.

I've been listening to this damn song for two straight days.
It suddenly popped into my head when I was running late, trying to find a group of people I was meeting for work - and it's still playing on an imaginary loop. :mad:

One of the great over-the-top melodramatic songs of all time. Ranks up there with You Light Up My Life and Seasons in the Sun.

- - - Updated - - -

The Clitoris Song, allegedly.

"I'm glad you're home
Now did you really miss me?
I guess you did by the look in your eyes
Well lay back and relax while I put away the dishes
Then you and me can rock-a-bye

The night is young and full of possibilities
Well come on and let yourself be free
My love for you, so long than I've been savin'
Tonight was made for me and you

You can ring my be-e-ell, ring my bell"

UK #1 and in the US, I think. Great track.

Play it again, Johnny. :lbf:

You see the problem with the Ring My Bell clitoris theory is you cannot unlearn it, meaning true or not it is destined to be repeated and - if you'll forgive the terminology - spread.

PS: Apparently the bloke shouting over the Beyonce song was Jay Zed.

Last edited:
One of the great over-the-top melodramatic songs of all time. Ranks up there with You Light Up My Life and Seasons in the Sun.

- - - Updated - - -

“We had joy we had fun we were naked in the sun but the cops came along and shot us in the buns!”
That’s how me and my friends used to sing it in grammar school. :lbf:

Last edited:
“We had joy we had fun we were naked in the sun but the cops came along and shot us in the buns!”
That’s how me and my friends used to sing it in grammar school. :lbf:

Haha. :lbf: I like your lyrics better.

- - - Updated - - -

You see the problem with the Ring My Bell clitoris theory is you cannot unlearn it, meaning true or not it is destined to be repeated and - if you'll forgive the terminology - spread.

PS: Apparently the bloke shouting over the Beyonce song was Jay Zed.

Yes, once you have a listen. You want to hear it again, and again, and again.

Back
Top Bottom