Song meanings book by Morrissey

swift eclipse

Sorry for the teaser title. You have to hook 'em early. It's all about eyeballs in this business. If I don't make 300 views I lose my bonus. So thanks for the click! Now down to it...

If Moz wanted to make a few extra quid (God it's fun trying to talk like a real life English person!) then he should write a book explaining the meaning of every song in his catalog in detail. I know, right?! Artists always say that they don't want to ruin the meanings people already have or take away the mystery, but nobody has to read it if they don't want to. They can stay in their little spoiler free box believing whatever, but I want to know the truth. At least as he sees fit to express it or even remember it at this point. Has anyone ever done something like this? Moz is unconventional. I can see him doing it and I can't think of a fan base in need of it more. The question is...what's the title?

Smiths In Heat!
Only kidding. (Can you believe some record company moron actually wanted to use that?)
I newly nominate Rank, as in J. Arthur, Morrissey wrote. Talk about a legacy saver. Phew!

I've got it...

'Inside Morrissey' for The Smiths version and 'Deeper Inside Morrissey' for the solo one.

No good? Too much?

How about 'What's the meaning of this?!'

Seriously though, I like: 'The Tatty Truth'
(the etching in the run out groove of How Soon Is Now?)

Somebody get Sam on the phone and let's make this happen.

Last edited:
He'd probably rather dine on his cullions than write this book, but nonetheless I'd love to see it and have my credit card at the ready!

Back
Top Bottom