Song lengths for IANADOAC

By googling the album title I found this:

upload_2020-1-16_15-2-30.png

Sorry if this is redundant. I haven't seen it elsewhere but I haven't looked everywhere.

Nooooo!! It takes a while to get into, but there's lots of catchy wee bits to it. I think he's trying to sound like a ghost coming through the static in an old radio. I like the theatricality.
Haha. I'd prefer to listen to a ghost (i.e. nothing)! o_O

(Didn't notice the other thread!!!)

Morrissey has announced tour dates in London & Leeds, Paris & Cologne.

Just 4.

Obviously dipping his toe in the water to see how bad the temperature is.

The drama & anxiety of it - will people be horrible to him, will it get cancelled, will he say or do something that gets more accusations of far right racism heaped on him??

Last edited by a moderator:
"My hurling days are over". Maybe hes stopped drinking.

"The Secret Of Music" will either be about how much it has meant to him over the years a la Rubber Ring or a rant about Sheeran, Swift etc.

Just 4.

The drama & anxiety of it - will people be horrible to him, will it get cancelled, will he say or do something that gets more accusations of far right racism heaped on him??

It's in the NME - can't link because in the middle of something.

Seen it, FWD is kindly collating into a separate Tour forum section

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morr...ondon-leeds-i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain-2597959

and no archive hatred/shit in the NME thus far

Yet again I'm behind everyone with the news!!

It's all happened pretty quick this morning, wasn't sure if it was fake, but seems not to be the case.
Great news, & I admire Moz's bravery & guts to do this.
I suspect/hope there'll be more dates once this 'toe-dipping' as you put it has happened.

It's all happened pretty quick this morning, wasn't sure if it was fake, but seems not to be the case.
I suspect/hope there'll be more dates once this 'toe-dipping' as you put it has happened.
I’m fairly sure there will be more dates announced.

I have to say, from experience, Wembley Arena isn’t a great venue.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Didn't notice the other thread!!!)

Just 4.

“The drama & anxiety of it - :ahhh::lbf: will people be horrible to him Yes of course , will it get cancelled, we’ll see will he say or do something that gets more accusations of far right racism heaped on him??” If there’s money, job security or a name to be made? then yes, of course.

:cool:

I love them all tbh, although Teachers is my least favourite.
There is something that you should know, Southpaw is my favourite out of the 3.

This version is now my favourite with Moz whispering “help me, help me, oh no...” right at the end:

Me too. He's probably the bravest artist out there. He's completely unaligned because he's not conforming to any group's checklist of acceptable things to say & do.

He has to be sold as A Morrissey.

Thanks for sharing Ryan; not heard that version before.
There is something that you should know: I love it. Thanks.:cool:

IANADOAC :sick: What a horrible looking acronym, and the album title in entirety sucks even more balls.

the bad titles started with world peace, not that it was bad per se, but it’s like something a little pretentious 14 year old wannabe political activist would title his coursework.

low in high school was laughably bad, the title doesn’t get as much stick as it should, prob cos the shockingly bad sleeve diverted our attention. Low in High... ah see what you did there Moz, very clever, for a 6 year old :rolleyes:

now this one, I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN, Say it. Repeat it. Vomit. :sick::sick:

All pie-eyed, and bog-eyed, and cross-eyed :squiffy:

This version is now my favourite with Moz whispering “help me, help me, oh no...” right at the end:

He whispers that at the end of all versions. It’s on the album.

Also, he doesn’t say “oh no”...

I'm putting £25 on 'Knockabout World' being the shittest song on the album.

That title has all the hallmarks of a sub-Swords, hastily conceived on the way to the studio while Sam tries to navigate the one-way system, lazy ass, lyrically bereft, tuneless ditty.

The chorus will consist of 'It's a knockabout world' repeated seven times, interspersed with a couple of 'ooohhhs' and some bleeping noises.

On the plus side, the song won't scrape the creative barrel of being sung to a fictitious character with a name like 'Dolly' that nobody still living can relate to. It'll be an ode to self-pity instead.

It will feature consistently in the live set for the next 3 years.

Call me psychic, it's just a gift that I have.

I'm putting £25 on 'Knockabout World' being the shittest song on the album.

That title has all the hallmarks of a sub-Swords, hastily conceived on the way to the studio while Sam tries to navigate the one-way system, lazy ass, lyrically bereft, tuneless ditty.

The chorus will consist of 'It's a knockabout world' repeated seven times, interspersed with a couple of 'ooohhhs' and some bleeping noises.

On the plus side, the song won't scrape the creative barrel of being sung to a fictitious character with a name like 'Dolly' that nobody still living can relate to. It'll be an ode to self-pity instead.

It will feature consistently in the live set for the next 3 years.

Call me psychic, it's just a gift that I have.

:rolleyes:

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom