Song lengths for IANADOAC

By googling the album title I found this:

upload_2020-1-16_15-2-30.png

Sorry if this is redundant. I haven't seen it elsewhere but I haven't looked everywhere.

Track 10...7:52? Interesting. That's longer than LIAPS [7:22] (Pigsty) & LNMS [7.44] (Maudlin St).

Last edited by a moderator:
album comes in at 47.26,decent length for 11 songs whereas its usually 12.

Well you could be right there Viva, Chiccarelli likes to add that stuff in his productions.

Longest track I'm aware of is Teachers Are Afraid (11:19), followed by Southpaw (10:01) both from Southpaw Grammar...might vary depending on edition.

Longest track I'm aware of is Teachers Are Afraid (11:19), followed by Southpaw (10:01) both from Southpaw Grammar...might vary depending on edition.
Southpaw was just mad in terms of song lengths. I don't mind a long song if it is justified, but too many of them are ambient noises or overly long instrumentals. Southpaw, the Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils and the Operation might be more highly thought of with better editing...

Intrigued by 'My Hurling Days Are Done'... Is that a reference to the sport? May well be considering his Irish roots.

Jim Jim Falls I cannot work out though.

I love them all tbh, although Teachers is my least favourite.
There is something that you should know, Southpaw is my favourite out of the 3.

Intrigued by 'My Hurling Days Are Done'... Is that a reference to the sport? May well be considering his Irish roots.

Jim Jim Falls I cannot work out though.

Hurling, well no-one's ever sure with Moz

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurling

but nothing's ever straight fwd...could be referring to drinking alcohol excessively & being violently sick, i.e. hurling :confused: & then being done with it all...i.e. not doing that to myself again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Southpaw was just mad in terms of song lengths. I don't mind a long song if it is justified, but too many of them are ambient noises or overly long instrumentals. Southpaw, the Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils and the Operation might be more highly thought of with better editing...

The Operation was a little ditty by comparison, coming in at 6:53.

Well you could be right there Viva, Chiccarelli likes to add that stuff in his productions.

Yes, but the long ambience before ‘I’m not a man’ was put there on Morrissey’s insistence. Joe thought it was too long.

Morrissey likes it weird too, Sweetie Pie, the breakdown in Black-Eyed Susan,etc.

Yes, but the long ambience before ‘I’m not a man’ was put there on Morrissey’s insistence. Joe thought it was too long.

Morrissey likes it weird too, Sweetie Pie, the breakdown in Black-Eyed Susan,etc.

I don't mind it at all, for me it gives a good intro/build up to the track, plus gives me more Moz music time. Bring it on Joe, I say.

Re; those 2 tracks it's strange how they grow on you after a few plays. Just shows me how right Moz consistently gets things.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom