Song credits for "Rebels without applause", "Diana Dors"

I saw your reply re me being a first. Was that the apology?

Anyway I don't need an apology because you didn't insult me personally. I was just attempting to shake your foundations a little to maybe see it another way. There are smug know it alls everywhere regardless of their beliefs. I do it too sometimes but I try to do it less. Not trying to be a "better person" at all cause I hate that shit with a vengeance. Just trying to be more selective with my battles is all.

All good and no worries at all :)
I went back and edited my post and tagged you, but it's true you are a first to me, it's refreshing.
You came across just fine with a reasonable comment and explanation, thank you for being so gracious :)
Religious liberty has been a hot topic in the US and has caused a lot of strife and I had that on my mind.

The intervening factors during covid like travel, Lyn's long covid, clearly slowing down/considering retirement coupled with things like this:

View attachment 81363

Probably better explain anything going on than choosing a single explanation.
Why have his song on the album if circumstances dictate he's no longer welcome?
Given the last 40 years, it's also reasonable to consider there may never be a 'satisfactory' explanation.
Regards,
FWD.
I saw this post on Lynn's FB and it answered my curiousity tbh

I went back and edited my post and tagged you, but it's true you are a first to me, it's refreshing.
You came across just fine with a reasonable comment and explanation, thank you for being so gracious :)
Religious liberty has been a hot topic in the US and has caused a lot of strife and I had that on my mind.
Sorry I didn't see the edited message but thanks anyway. I wasn't always this accommodating to religion but over the last six or so years I've updated my thinking on it. Too much wasted effort spent on judging people. I'm like Moses. I let my people go ;)

We're gonna get flagged for being off topic here.

Um yeah song credits well that is interesting isn't it? Five people co writing a Morrissey song? Could be one too many cooks or a masterpiece! I wonder if the album will credit this many people?

Remember, Alain's songs appeared on albums right through to 2009 despite him leaving back in 2004.
Same thing happened with Steven Street - acrimoniously dumped in 1989, and Moz had such a stockpile he was still using his music as late as 'Journalists Who Lie' as B side in 1991. Or Mark Nevin, who still managed to get two songs on 'Your Arsenal', despite being almost totally pushed out of the picture by the time recording came.

All these 'new' songs were recorded a year ago, and could have been written several months before Morrissey even went into the studio, so I don't think people can read anything into what light they shed on Boz's current position (if any) within the Morrissey camp.

Let’s not forget that Boz’ upcoming single is a collaboration with longtime close friend to Moz, mr James Maker. Not sure that would be the case if Boz and Moz were feuding.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. This album was recorded over a year ago when Boz was still very much on board. It's perfectly possible they've fallen out only recently, or had some issue that required Alain's return.
Exactly. That's it.

Looking at other work I think Klinghoffer and Smith usually get credit for their contributions to songs (like RHCP share all writing credits equally) so they probably 'wrote' their respective parts and being credited may have been part of the deal...

Boz and Moz are not feuding. Boz just ballooned to a size that Moz didn’t like on stage. Short of lipo suction, I don’t think Boz will tour again with M.

I love the Oscar Wilde quote!

The "I hate u Johnny Marr" line, not so much. Not cause it's my surname too but it's not a great thing to see every time I log on, regardless of his recent dickishness. Anyway that's my 2 cents on it ;)

Chad Smith mentioned he had "just finished a Morrissey album" back in Feburary...

[SOURCE]

I love the Oscar Wilde quote!

The "I hate u Johnny Marr" line, not so much. Not cause it's my surname too but it's not a great thing to see every time I log on, regardless of his recent dickishness. Anyway that's my 2 cents on it ;)
Thank you, I love that quote from Oscar too, obvs, and the Marr line is a link to a song some band wrote about him which I think it funny, it sounds a lot like The Cure/Robert Smith for some reason, it's really whiny. I had the whole video posted there but it's just too big and distracting in the threads.

Thank you, I love that quote from Oscar too, obvs, and the Marr line is a link to a song some band wrote about him which I think it funny, it sounds a lot like The Cure/Robert Smith for some reason, it's really whiny. I had the whole video posted there but it's just too big and distracting in the threads.
Oh right so now I see the context. I haven't heard of this song about Marr.

Nor was Boz let go because he didn’t make Morrissey any money, that he Boz was useless to him, as Uncleskinny recently claimed.
Peter saying something untrue about Morrissey??? Whoddathunkit? He's usually so reliable.

Suedes Lp is out this year and suede are meant to be touring the USA.
Now that lot do put on a show.
Brett's energy is immense. I think Suedes lp will be the best Lp this year or joint with M"s .
oh, is that USA tour confirmed? First I'd heard of that.
Hopefully they cross the border into Canada. Been waiting 30 years to see them!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom