Song credits for "Rebels without applause", "Diana Dors"

I guess Moz and Boz didn't have a falling out like people were saying
I would imagine Boz wants to do other things with his life. He has a family ECT probably grand children, and has been wanting a break to to enjoy Portugal.
Mozz probably realises that he too
Needs to have a shake up as well.

'Chad Gaylord' - what a name! :ROFLMAO:

This must surely be the first time we've had a song where the music is written by FOUR people? (even two is a relative rarity for Morrissey). I'm wondering if the song grew out of a jam session, or maybe Morrissey has adopted the modern 'songs written by committee' method for this album?
At least it's not Gaylord M. Focker.

7763104-3x2-940x627.jpg

The intervening factors during covid like travel, Lyn's long covid, clearly slowing down/considering retirement coupled with things like this:

View attachment 81363

Probably better explain anything going on than choosing a single explanation.
Why have his song on the album if circumstances dictate he's no longer welcome?
Given the last 40 years, it's also reasonable to consider there may never be a 'satisfactory' explanation.
Regards,
FWD.
This really reads to me like a couple who have prioritised family right now for obvious reasons and Boz heading away on tours simply wouldn't work for them.

I’m sure the song Diana Dors has been posted about for many years! It’s a Boz and Moz composition for sure… It’s inclusion on the next album doesn’t t really mean anything

The intervening factors during covid like travel, Lyn's long covid, clearly slowing down/considering retirement coupled with things like this:

View attachment 81363

Probably better explain anything going on than choosing a single explanation.
Why have his song on the album if circumstances dictate he's no longer welcome?
Given the last 40 years, it's also reasonable to consider there may never be a 'satisfactory' explanation.
Regards,
FWD.
In addition to that, while I was looking through various social media for the events of this week, I saw a conversation between 2 people, one seems to know Boz and said he was not with Moz lately because he's been spending time with his grandchild.

I guess Moz and Boz didn't have a falling out like people were saying
Which is what I was saying re Boz being out is that no message was published because he's probably not out. Another reason Boz is on the credits could also be that this is a song written years ago and is being worked on later which happens quite a bit with song writing.

In addition to that, while I was looking through various social media for the events of this week, I saw a conversation between 2 people, one seems to know Boz and said he was not with Moz lately because he's been spending time with his grandchild.
Not as exciting as having fallen out with Morrissey though is it?

I know! Like how Robert Smith talks about the new Cure album at the NME Awards but rarely (never) provides a worthwhile update on his official site. An update from Suede on their new album would also be great. Sometimes I think checking Amazon for album releases is often the way fans first find out, which is bizarre.
Unfortunately the cure website is an absolutely pointless place to visit.

Not as exciting as having fallen out with Morrissey though is it?
No, it's not and even Boz's current bio on FB says he is still with Moz.
BTW, if you did not see my apology, I am sorry about the atheist remark, it was not fair of me to say and not qualifiy it with 'some' , there's just a lot behind the comment on my end and I should have apologized to you right awway.

No, it's not and even Boz's current bio on FB says he is still with Moz.
BTW, if you did not see my apology, I am sorry about the atheist remark, it was not fair of me to say and not qualifiy it with 'some' , there's just a lot behind the comment on my end and I should have apologized to you right awway.
I saw your reply re me being a first. Was that the apology?

Anyway I don't need an apology because you didn't insult me personally. I was just attempting to shake your foundations a little to maybe see it another way. There are smug know it alls everywhere regardless of their beliefs. I do it too sometimes but I try to do it less. Not trying to be a "better person" at all cause I hate that shit with a vengeance. Just trying to be more selective with my battles is all.

All good and no worries at all :)

I wonder if the other writers all get 7.5% each except M who would receive the lion’s share. It’s definitely not split equally as 7.5% x 5 is 37.5%. I think M gets 70% and the rest get 30% between them.

I know! Like how Robert Smith talks about the new Cure album at the NME Awards but rarely (never) provides a worthwhile update on his official site. An update from Suede on their new album would also be great. Sometimes I think checking Amazon for album releases is often the way fans first find out, which is bizarre.
Suedes Lp is out this year and suede are meant to be touring the USA.
Now that lot do put on a show.
Brett's energy is immense. I think Suedes lp will be the best Lp this year or joint with M"s .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom