Song credits for "Rebels without applause", "Diana Dors"

Have we seen the full list of who has written what for the album?

I am a bit surprised to see Boz in the mix.

Interesting find. Does that mean Morrissey is signed to BMI? That surely means Bonfire release is just around the corner?

Interesting find. Does that mean Morrissey is signed to BMI? That surely means Bonfire release is just around the corner?
BMI only relates to all things song writing / publishing / royalties et al.
FWD.

I guess Moz and Boz didn't have a falling out like people were saying

Nor was Boz let go because he didn’t make Morrissey any money, that he Boz was useless to him, as Uncleskinny recently claimed.

Yes,
I think the only place that was mooted was here. I never read it on reddit, I never red it on FB or Twatter, I only read that here.
Not always the best place for such info

Biggest, and best, takeaway here is Chad Smith's middle name.
I don't know if its connected but Clark Gable played the character Gaylord Langland in The Misfits in 1961 - year Chad was born.

'Chad Gaylord' - what a name! :ROFLMAO:

This must surely be the first time we've had a song where the music is written by FOUR people? (even two is a relative rarity for Morrissey). I'm wondering if the song grew out of a jam session, or maybe Morrissey has adopted the modern 'songs written by committee' method for this album?

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. This album was recorded over a year ago when Boz was still very much on board. It's perfectly possible they've fallen out only recently, or had some issue that required Alain's return.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. This album was recorded over a year ago when Boz was still very much on board. It's perfectly possible they've fallen out only recently, or had some issue that required Alain's return.
The intervening factors during covid like travel, Lyn's long covid, clearly slowing down/considering retirement coupled with things like this:

Screenshot_20220515-204408~2.png

Probably better explain anything going on than choosing a single explanation.
Why have his song on the album if circumstances dictate he's no longer welcome?
Given the last 40 years, it's also reasonable to consider there may never be a 'satisfactory' explanation.
Regards,
FWD.

Remember, Alain's songs appeared on albums right through to 2009 despite him leaving back in 2004.

Maybe Boz needed a break or there's something going on in his personal life. I don't think his devotion to Moz or contribution to the canon can be called into question. Not saying you said that. Not at all.

Edit: FWD's earlier post about elderly parents needing care explains it I think. Family life can take over very fast when people get frail and need help. One thing goes wrong, then another, and it becomes an exhausting domino effect.

Last edited:
Why do we have to scrape together information off the internet? when Morrissey could just keep us updated.
I know! Like how Robert Smith talks about the new Cure album at the NME Awards but rarely (never) provides a worthwhile update on his official site. An update from Suede on their new album would also be great. Sometimes I think checking Amazon for album releases is often the way fans first find out, which is bizarre.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom