Morrissey Central "SOMEWHERE TODAY" (December 14, 2022)

0-5_ot7qlt.jpg

The rarest of all tattoos: "unreleased".
FWD.

even by Morrissey's standards, I think it is shaping up to be a dark album.
I was a bit disappointed, I thought for sure ‘Sure Enough….’ was going to be the long ballad of the lp….e.g. ‘Seasick….’ in reference to maybe getting that call that his mother had passed. This assuming he wasn’t bedside.

Either way, I think it’s the best song title on BOT but the music doesn’t match the title in what could have been….

Be well and safe….

There is no hope for some people. LOL

Edit
Before anyone starts im not having a go at people with ink.
I have a sleeve and most of my back is tattooed. I have some Smiths and The Jam lyrics splashed about. So I wasn't having a dig about that
Oh stop, be a pasty little English boy or an LA gang member, but you can't be both

The silly sausage will regret that when they actually get to hear the record. On the other hand . . .

Who wants a tattoo of an old telephone on their arm?
the guy in the pic.when did tattoos become so popular,i remember in the early eighties i used to go to glasgow and their was a guy who worked in a record shop who had a spiders web tattoo on his face and we would go in to the shop just to see this guys tattoo,thats how sparse they were in those days.

I'm not against tattoos, but I don't understand why people think it's a good idea to have bottle openers, pizza slices and telephones tattooed on their bodies. The next generation of seniors is going to be hideous.

I'm not against tattoos, but I don't understand why people think it's a good idea to have bottle openers, pizza slices and telephones tattooed on their bodies. The next generation of seniors is going to be hideous.
I don't see anything wrong with being 90 years old and having a tattoo of a washing machine on your forehead and something extremely profound like "life is but an ever revolving washer-dryer... full of lint"

your grandkids will never forget you

I'm not against tattoos either (they seem very popular for some reason these days), but would never have one myself. I've seen them on older people (relatives) who regretted having them all those years ago. Main reason for their regret (putting aside the fact that they have moved on from their first loves of either 'Sharon', or 'Karen', or decided that 'love/hate' is not a particularly good look on their fingers) is that as the person ages, their skin loosens, wrinkles, and sags and the tattoos become blurry, undistinguishable, and look an utter mess. So, it might be the case that some of the '20/30-something set' also live to regret their 'sleeves' at some point in their lives.

Sullivan tells me of the boy he knew in repertoire back in the early 1970s.

He had a tattooed member that had been completed with such skill that, flaccid, it read one way whilst revealing an entirely different message when tumescent.

All those old craft skills, gone now.

He had a tattooed member that had been completed with such skill that, flaccid, it read one way whilst revealing an entirely different message when tumescent.

:lbf: :lbf: :lbf: :lbf:

Hmm, not a fan of this tattoo, but it doesn't matter because hopefully and surely the person, who's done it likes it and that's the whole point. I find it quite endearing to age with one's tattoos. It's like a diary or a depiction of events/people/feelings/interests/obesessions in your life's history that you collected on the way.

And of course, what discussion of tattoos would be complete without a mention of the Borstal Dot?

Typically on or between the knuckles, they were the TRUE sign of 6os/70s rough trade.

Sullivan is welling-up at the memories of many hard encounters with the naughty boys of Cheetham Hill.

Reduced to the ankle now, it would seem. Harder to make that initial recognition.

Still. Happy days.

dot 2.jpg

:lbf:

You are a bozo. Vladimir Nabokov, Roman Polanski, Alfred Hitchcock ... the list of European talent who did some of their best work in America is impressive. W.H. Auden, Christopher Isherwood, and Aldous Huxley were the proto-California Son, and they had good output in their Angeleño years.
Don't forget James Cordon

thats what iv always said,in fifty years time their will be a young care worker asking why did you get all these tattoos.

And of course, what discussion of tattoos would be complete without a mention of the Borstal Dot?

Typically on or between the knuckles, they were the TRUE sign of 6os/70s rough trade.

Sullivan is welling-up at the memories of many hard encounters with the naughty boys of Cheetham Hill.

Reduced to the ankle now, it would seem. Harder to make that initial recognition.

Still. Happy days.

View attachment 87144
that is a very small join the dots.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom