'Something Is Squeezing My Skull' Single

What really stinks is that they are more then likely live recordings from the BBC show which is readily available all over the internet.

see this single? I'm truly DISAPPOINTED!

this STINKS - the only thing I look forward to with Morrissey's music is the singles and b-sides anymore.

Let's face it, since Maladjusted the album tracks have sorely lacked, but we've had some great b-side gems.

I don't give a CRAP about This Charming Man, I Keep Mine Hidden, or Best Friend on the Payroll - live or not.

What a wasted opportunity for what couldve been a great single.

After 22 years now I'm starting to lose interest and heart.

Help me Uncleskinny - tell me I'm wrong

Pointless b sides for a pointless single.

Pity there is no new song for B-side, but it's not a pointless single.

Morrissey is touring the States until 18th Apirl, his Irish and UK tour starts 28th April.
Good opportunity to boost album sales and promote UK tour.

the single with the promo note(no, not mine)

Johan wasn't being being "pessimistic," he was being realistic. If "Paris" did not chart well but was the lead single, offered quality b-sides and received substantial airplay - what is the likelihood "Skull" will do better?:confused:

The same reason "The Last of The Famous International Playboys" did better than "Dagenham Dave". Much, much better song, and better for the radio by a mile.

Hey, just be happy that he isn't releasing remixes as b-sides like a lot of bands have been doing. I would prefer Live b-sides over remixes anyday.

Hey, just be happy that he isn't releasing remixes as b-sides like a lot of bands have been doing. I would prefer Live b-sides over remixes anyday.

But can you really imagine a Morrissey dance remix?:lbf:Especially with SISMS, it would be worth it for comical value alone!

Just got the album a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love this song!!! Definitely my favorite on the album. The song is too short!

Just got my promo verison of the new single!

Yeah all very good, except there is only one song :squiffy:

Great song nonetheless!

The same reason "The Last of The Famous International Playboys" did better than "Dagenham Dave". Much, much better song, and better for the radio by a mile.

Sadly, radio disagrees. Unlike with 'Paris', Radio 2 and Absolute aren't playing it at all. Only Xfm and 6 Music who have tiny audiences.
It's pretty likely to be his first single to miss the top 40 since Roy's Keen (and may be his lowest charting single ever, outside the top 50).
Will not help put Moz in an upbeat mood for the UK dates!

Sadly, radio disagrees. Unlike with 'Paris', Radio 2 and Absolute aren't playing it at all. Only Xfm and 6 Music who have tiny audiences.
It's pretty likely to be his first single to miss the top 40 since Roy's Keen (and may be his lowest charting single ever, outside the top 50).
Will not help put Moz in an upbeat mood for the UK dates!

'Bring me Sunshine, in your smile,
Bring me Laughter, all the while,
In this world where we live, there should be more happiness,
So much joy you can give, to each brand new bright tomorrow,

Make me happy, through the years,
Never bring me, any tears,
Let your arms be as warm as the sun from up above,
Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love.

Bring me Sunshine, in your eyes,
Bring me rainbows, from the skies,
Life's too short to be spent having anything but fun,
We can be so content, if we gather little sunbeams,

Be light-hearted, all day long,
Keep me singing, happy songs,
Let your arms be as warm as the sun from up above,
Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love.'

:thumb:

NEW SINGLE Review, help?

A little help. Could you read what I have a written and see what you guys think? Thanks very much

Morrissey – Something is squeezing my skull
The second single from Morrissey latest album Years of Refusal is insightful, and lyrically exciting. The single begins with Morrissey almost boasting that “I’m doing very well.” However as the song goes on these words are decayed away and we wonder if he really is. As a Big “Moz” fan this is a big part of his appeal and is a part of his ambiguous attitude, something very typical of his music.
The title itself can have a double meaning and can be seen both as serious and comical With Morrissey having a very big back catalogue this may become one that is forgotten, I hope not as it is a worthy entry to his music.
Towards the end of the song he echoes this pleading of “Please don’t give me anymore” and we are left wondering what it is he does not want anymore.
This single is deeply ambiguous, nothing new, but excellent four stars out of five

Re: NEW SINGLE Review, help?

A little help. Could you read what I have a written and see what you guys think? Thanks very much

Morrissey – Something is squeezing my skull
The second single from Morrissey latest album Years of Refusal is insightful, and lyrically exciting. The single begins with Morrissey almost boasting that “I’m doing very well.” However as the song goes on these words are decayed away and we wonder if he really is. As a Big “Moz” fan this is a big part of his appeal and is a part of his ambiguous attitude, something very typical of his music.
The title itself can have a double meaning and can be seen both as serious and comical With Morrissey having a very big back catalogue this may become one that is forgotten, I hope not as it is a worthy entry to his music.
Towards the end of the song he echoes this pleading of “Please don’t give me anymore” and we are left wondering what it is he does not want anymore.
This single is deeply ambiguous, nothing new, but excellent four stars out of five

grammatical atrocities aside, did you actually listen to the song? It's very obvious what he doesn't want anymore.

Tags
morrissey
Back
Top Bottom