'Something Is Squeezing My Skull' Single

Purchased this set last night. Just for the artwork, and coz of completeness-ism.
As I slid out the 7" inner sleeve I was a little tremulous given what appeared on the last release. This time we have 'The Bowery at Night' (1895) by William Louis Sonntag, jr. ~ http://www.mcny.org/museum-collections/painting-new-york/pttcat49.htm
c/w a Travis Shinn group shot of Moz on the floor, chin resting on hand, daydreaming, whilst behind him the band are poised to stamp on his large unawares head. Oh, and the band are all shirtless, but Morrissey is not....
CD1 has the same Sonntag watercolour, with a slight variation on the stomp Moz shot taken moments earlier.
CD2 features 'Camden Town Engine House' (1838) by John Cooke Bourne ~ http://www.ssplprints.com/image.php?id=88365 c/w a further shot of Moz being attacked by the band. Solomon Walker, with a fag in his mouth (...British definition), has M. in a head lock, Jesse is about to land a clenched fist on him. Moz smiles contentedly, whilst looking remarkably like Don Revie.
Two final small print points ~ Any single that credits the National Railway Museum in York and has a 'hair by Damon Anacreonte' credit can't be a total loss.
I believe that's the first Moz release to credit his coiffeuse since Debbie Danelle on 'Fatty'. Fascinating

I can't help but wonder if this is an oblique little tribute to that most notable of his Camden cohorts, Mr Alain Whyte.

Cheers,
Jamie
Damn, you're good!
The liner notes of the new editions of 'Southpaw Grammar' and 'Maladjusted' are liberally festooned with glowing references to Alain's songwriting and vocal skills and he gets a Special Thanks, along with Boz on, I think, the 'SG' credits. Hopefully this is a positive sign that Moz will continue to take full advantage of his skills in the future, but you never know with Moz...

April 27th 2009

Last edited:
Recordstore have delivered already:D - inner sleeve photos as described above are fun shots.

Purchased this set last night. Just for the artwork, and coz of completeness-ism.
As I slid out the 7" inner sleeve I was a little tremulous given what appeared on the last release. This time we have 'The Bowery at Night' (1895) by William Louis Sonntag, jr. ~ http://www.mcny.org/museum-collections/painting-new-york/pttcat49.htm
c/w a Travis Shinn group shot of Moz on the floor, chin resting on hand, daydreaming, whilst behind him the band are poised to stamp on his large unawares head. Oh, and the band are all shirtless, but Morrissey is not....
CD1 has the same Sonntag watercolour, with a slight variation on the stomp Moz shot taken moments earlier.
CD2 features 'Camden Town Engine House' (1838) by John Cooke Bourne ~ http://www.ssplprints.com/image.php?id=88365 c/w a further shot of Moz being attacked by the band. Solomon Walker, with a fag in his mouth (...British definition), has M. in a head lock, Jesse is about to land a clenched fist on him. Moz smiles contentedly, whilst looking remarkably like Don Revie.
Two final small print points ~ Any single that credits the National Railway Museum in York and has a 'hair by Damon Anacreonte' credit can't be a total loss.
I believe that's the first Moz release to credit his coiffeuse since Debbie Danelle on 'Fatty'. Fascinating
could you either scan it or make pics out of the 3 pics of moz and the band you have described..tht would be very very nice..thnks

could you either scan it or make pics out of the 3 pics of moz and the band you have described..tht would be very very nice..thnks
Apologies sista, I don't currently have access to a scanner, but I'm sure some other kind soul will oblige soon enough.

Apologies sista, I don't currently have access to a scanner, but I'm sure some other kind soul will oblige soon enough.
oh okay but maybe you have a digital cam or a camera ceon your cell phone?;);)

Hysterical pictures on the inner sleeves of the "Something Is Squeezing My Skull" bundle. Though it dosn't look like its Moz's skull that the boys are squeezing, more like his backside in a couple of them :lbf::lbf:

What a shame he couldnt have made the single video along these humorous lines

7" single
File0084.jpg

2 CD's

File0083.jpg

File0082.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, what Mozzer makes these poor lads go through :p

Although the first one would've been hilarious as the actual sleeve. Even for YoR :thumb:

Love Boz's face :lbf:

and my my, Jesse Tobias, your nipples are so big and dark :eek:

Hysterical pictures on the inner sleeves of the "Something Is Squeezing My Skull" bundle. Though it dosn't look like its Moz's skull that the boys are squeezing, more like his backside in a couple of them :lbf::lbf:

7" single
File0084.jpg

2 CD's

File0083.jpg

File0082.jpg

I particularly like the first one, rather funny.

No, I'm afraid not. I am hopeless. :o
But vivabob does. And he posted this shot over in Marketplace, so ta to vb...

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7763&d=1240596256
nice to see im not the only one not owning a cell phone....a rare species.:p
i have never owned one-you?..due to the fact i rather talk long which doesnt go well with cell phone who are still more expensive than landline..
but at the moment i dont even have a landline (for about a year now) i cause i do save every penny possible the last 12 months...
- i have no digi cam either regular camera still serves well:thumb:-any there its still a surprise if the pics work out or not if you get them develop..i also have the feeling that with a regular camera youre quite more picky with motives as with digi cams..my friend has a huge amount of pics on hers
ohh and thnks black eyed for scanning hilarious :lbf:

Last edited:
Jesse has his Shitkickin' boots on!

7" single
File0084.jpg

2 CD's

File0083.jpg

File0082.jpg

I'm now gonna rush out and buy the single on the back of more nudity featured within the artwork. Or probably not. Still nice to see he doesn't mind being touched by leather

The prints used are quite interesting though. What is this newly discovered passion for art? Why then ruin the release with 4 live b-sides or whatever it is?

Tags
morrissey
Back
Top Bottom