'Something Is Squeezing My Skull' Single

I'm just wondering if they do go for this 2 singles 2 countries approach wether they will have different b-sides on each, it could be an effective way to put out all the remaining recorded material thats left hidden.

Well Tomorrow and Fatty had different b-sides, so it's plausable.

These are some possibilities ...
Action Man (Morrissey/Whyte) :D
Teresa, Teresa (Morrissey/Whyte)
When I Was Young (Morrissey/Whyte)
Livings (Morrissey/Whyte)
I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me (Morrissey/Whyte)
I'm Looking Forward to Going Back (Morrissey/Whyte)

A May release date?

I'm so speculative. :p

Last edited:
I'm just wondering if they do go for this 2 singles 2 countries approach wether they will have different b-sides on each, it could be an effective way to put out all the remaining recorded material thats left hidden.

Most likely. I mean, what, we have

Action Man
Teresa, Teresa
I'm Looking Forward to Going Back
I Was A Bully, Do Not Forget Me
The Longer I Live / Livings ?
When I Was Young

(please add anymore if I have forgotten)

That seems like more than enough for B-sides for separate formats for singles.

skull is the next single in the UK and this is the cover. i think its coming out in may or april(leaning towards may)

3296744742_a8a7d40de4_b.jpg

There also isn't the ability to re-release a YOR Deluxe with all the b-side singles as that option has already been taken by Decca/Lost Highway "Deluxe" versions with DVD.

That didn't stop them to release the Deluxe Edition of YATQ, which had also been released as a CD/DVD edition before.

It's just that there probably won't be enough b-sides for such a release!

The B sides to the 2 cd release are "This Charming Man" and "Best Friend On The Payroll", according to a seller on ebay.

Last edited:
I'd be hesitant to trust this ebay release not just because of the sketchy b-sides, I also distrust the cover at the moment. I am just hoping they release an official statement ASAP.

I'd be hesitant to trust this ebay release not just because of the sketchy b-sides, I also distrust the cover at the moment. I am just hoping they release an official statement ASAP.

I agree - nice pic but doesn't ring true to me as the single cover

though the b-sides could be true. Hope their not though.

GC

would be bizarre for Moz not to include new material on the b-sides, as we know there are quite a few songs left over.
if he only puts live songs on, the single would risk missing the top 40 all together.

The ebay ad http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morrissey-Som...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318 lists a released date of April 27th - isn't this the same date as Southpaw Grammar? http://www.recordstore.co.uk/homeSearch.jsp?SearchALL=morrissey&whereFrom=homeSearch

I doubt that they will be released on the same day.

Dave

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This looks very genuine to me, hoping for a cover of You say you dont love me as a b-side

That didn't stop them to release the Deluxe Edition of YATQ, which had also been released as a CD/DVD edition before.

It's just that there probably won't be enough b-sides for such a release!

Shame is the Name
Because of My Poor Education
Action Man
Teresa, Teresa
When I Was Young
Livings
I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me

Seems like more than enough to me but yet again leave it to Decca et al. to screw this up even further. YOR cannot wait until May for another single. If there is any hope left for this commercial disaster of an album then get "Skull" out ASAP. On a related note: the CD2 single for "Skull" has live versions of "Payroll" and "Charming?" Just how many singles do they think they are getting from this album? "Skull" has a real chance of charting well (on paper anyway, Decca will screw that up) but beyond that is there another single strong enough to break the Top 20? "Black Cloud?" "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell?" That's really asking a lot of those songs...

When does Morrissey return to Europe? "Skull" should be released a few weeks prior to his return. I honestly believe a high school class of Junior Achiever's could put together a better marketing strategy than Decca. Why did Morrissey fire Merck Mercuriadis in the first place? All he did was help to resurrect Morrissey's moribund career and lead Morrissey's solo career to unprecedented sales highs. I understand Irving Azoff has a penchant for getting troubled albums out the door but his last two significant releases: YOR by Morrissey and Chinese Democracy by GNR are both commercial failures.

Morrissey: fire Irving and bring back Merck before your legacy is all but undone by these buffoons...

Last edited:
Shame is the Name
Because of My Poor Education
Action Man
Teresa, Teresa
When I Was Young
Livings

You could also include ‘Children in pieces’ and ‘My dearest Love’ in that list.

Morrissey: fire Irving and bring back Merck before your legacy is all but undone by these buffoons...

You were on fire there until the end. Before then you carefully noted that Morrissey's problems were largely "commercial". But then you had to mention his legacy. :)

His legacy will survive untarnished no matter how poorly the sales numbers look. Do not worry.

Action Man
Teresa, Teresa
When I Was Young
Livings

Let's get them released as b-sides before we start re-releasing them :D

Tags
morrissey
Back
Top Bottom