Someone help

Andrew Soulsby

Hi, i'm a little bit of a newbie when it comes to viynl collection but i've came across a 12inch called that hand that rocked the cradle with reel around the fountain, jeane and others on it - however i can't find any information on what this lp is... does anyone know?

Hi, i'm a little bit of a newbie when it comes to viynl collection but i've came across a 12inch called that hand that rocked the cradle with reel around the fountain, jeane and others on it - however i can't find any information on what this lp is... does anyone know?

It's the Troy Tate sessions bootleg...the sessions The Smiths recorded for their first LP but then scrapped to rerecord with John Porter.

If it's one of the later "editions" of the bootleg, it's a great set of songs.

But the initial leaks had incorrect pitch (too slow) and sounded like the band were on Demerol.

fat-elvis.jpg

Stephane's site, which Kewpie pointed you towards, has an excellent write-up on these recordings.

It's the Troy Tate sessions bootleg...the sessions The Smiths recorded for their first LP but then scrapped to rerecord with John Porter.

If it's one of the later "editions" of the bootleg, it's a great set of songs.

But the initial leaks had incorrect pitch (too slow) and sounded like the band were on Demerol.

fat-elvis.jpg

Stephane's site, which Kewpie pointed you towards, has an excellent write-up on these recordings.

lol..

Back
Top Bottom