SOME REASONS WHY CANADA SUCKS

S

Stan

Guest
Canadians could’ve had French cuisine, British culture, and American technology. Instead, they chose French technology, British cuisine, and American culture. Just think about that.

Canadians blame Americans for negative influences in their culture. Okay, let’s think about this; this is a country that wants to legalize pot. Not to mention, it’s a country founded by convicts of European governments. And they say those of us south of the border are a problem.

Because you all not only suffer an inferiority complex, you also suffer an identity crisis. The Japanese agree...Canadians copy every American image, only they look cheap doing it.

For it being your "national pastime" you losers can't keep a decent team within your borders. Two sucky teams that moved to the US (the Nordiques and
Jets) improved upon their relocation. The teams remaining in Canada are no longer contenders. Furthermore in a desperate attempt to save the CFL by increasing revenue they expanded into the US, where the league promptly died. Sorry we don't enjoy second rate losers.

If Terrorists bombed Ottawa would the rest of the world care? Does anyone even know Ottawa is in Canada?

Bryan Adams and Celine Dion.

Allegiance to the QUEEN!...you're aware she has no real power right? What kind of f***** shit is that?

While sucking at any sport that takes real athletic talent the curling team does quite well(if you call that a sport).

America has been keeping your economy afloat for the past 20 years. If we hadn't then we'd be calling you Northern Mexico.

Canadians! The bastard children of the French!
 
P

Patrick McCann

Guest
I haven't got a Barrs Irn Bru about the rest of it, but it's worth remembering who are the reigning Olympic hockey champions. And who they beat in the final.

> Canadians could’ve had French cuisine, British culture, and American
> technology. Instead, they chose French technology, British cuisine, and
> American culture. Just think about that.

> Canadians blame Americans for negative influences in their culture. Okay,
> let’s think about this; this is a country that wants to legalize pot. Not
> to mention, it’s a country founded by convicts of European governments.
> And they say those of us south of the border are a problem.

> Because you all not only suffer an inferiority complex, you also suffer an
> identity crisis. The Japanese agree...Canadians copy every American image,
> only they look cheap doing it.

> For it being your "national pastime" you losers can't keep a
> decent team within your borders. Two sucky teams that moved to the US (the
> Nordiques and
> Jets) improved upon their relocation. The teams remaining in Canada are no
> longer contenders. Furthermore in a desperate attempt to save the CFL by
> increasing revenue they expanded into the US, where the league promptly
> died. Sorry we don't enjoy second rate losers.

> If Terrorists bombed Ottawa would the rest of the world care? Does anyone
> even know Ottawa is in Canada?

> Bryan Adams and Celine Dion.

> Allegiance to the QUEEN!...you're aware she has no real power right? What
> kind of f***** shit is that?

> While sucking at any sport that takes real athletic talent the curling
> team does quite well(if you call that a sport).

> America has been keeping your economy afloat for the past 20 years. If we
> hadn't then we'd be calling you Northern Mexico.

> Canadians! The bastard children of the French!
 
A

aaron in montreal

Guest
canada wasn't founded by the convicts of colonials - you're thinking of australia. canada was founded by loyalists from britain and france.

though i cannot speak for all canadians -i scarcely see when or how we blame america for negative influences in our culture. Canada, much like the USA is a huge country with a land mass that makes a single national identity impossible. it's like comparing texas to conneticuit. i don't think the average canadian is all that wrapped up in any post-colonial national identity, we are simply not that xenophobic.

unfortunately sports, like most everything these days comes down to economics. and it's true canada cannot compete with the almighty american dollar. do i have to remind you about how the toronto blue jays won the world series of americas national pastime a few years ago?

french technology? hmm, i suppose here in montreal our metro system (one of the best run in the world) is made by bombardier, a french company. other than that i can't even begin to get my head around what you meant by these comments other than that you are being intentionally provocative and just looking to get a rise out of people

and i'd say we do quite well in any gourmande sense here in montreal.

bryan adams and celine dionne? why not include neil young, leanard cohen and jonie mitchell?

and sorry? how has america kept canada's economy afloat?

on september 12th 2001 overseas headlines read "we are all americans now". in three short years there has been a polar shift worldwide- america has become the most hated nation in the world. doesn't this strike you americans as alarming? have you not seen the protests worldwide to your government? the cheers to morrissey's comments ... it's incredible just how ignorant the average american is to their own country's foreign policies and the rest of the worlds history. really alarming and terrifying.

> Canadians could’ve had French cuisine, British culture, and American
> technology. Instead, they chose French technology, British cuisine, and
> American culture. Just think about that.

> Canadians blame Americans for negative influences in their culture. Okay,
> let’s think about this; this is a country that wants to legalize pot. Not
> to mention, it’s a country founded by convicts of European governments.
> And they say those of us south of the border are a problem.

> Because you all not only suffer an inferiority complex, you also suffer an
> identity crisis. The Japanese agree...Canadians copy every American image,
> only they look cheap doing it.

> For it being your "national pastime" you losers can't keep a
> decent team within your borders. Two sucky teams that moved to the US (the
> Nordiques and
> Jets) improved upon their relocation. The teams remaining in Canada are no
> longer contenders. Furthermore in a desperate attempt to save the CFL by
> increasing revenue they expanded into the US, where the league promptly
> died. Sorry we don't enjoy second rate losers.

> If Terrorists bombed Ottawa would the rest of the world care? Does anyone
> even know Ottawa is in Canada?

> Bryan Adams and Celine Dion.

> Allegiance to the QUEEN!...you're aware she has no real power right? What
> kind of f***** shit is that?

> While sucking at any sport that takes real athletic talent the curling
> team does quite well(if you call that a sport).

> America has been keeping your economy afloat for the past 20 years. If we
> hadn't then we'd be calling you Northern Mexico.

> Canadians! The bastard children of the French!
 
S

Satan's Soul

Guest
thanks for someone else with a brain getting involved here.

i suppose this chump thinks we all drive renaults or something,

last i checked our liberal run country's economy was outpacing that of the USA.

I really do wonder what it must be like to be so blissfully unaware of anything outside one's borders unless addressed by CNN!

Stan, go have a Mc.burger, vote for bush if you choose and watch your cousins die around your country and the world a a result you uneducated pig.....
 
G

GenderNectar

Guest
> canada wasn't founded by the convicts of colonials - you're thinking of
> australia. canada was founded by loyalists from britain and france.

> though i cannot speak for all canadians -i scarcely see when or how we
> blame america for negative influences in our culture. Canada, much like
> the USA is a huge country with a land mass that makes a single national
> identity impossible. it's like comparing texas to conneticuit. i don't
> think the average canadian is all that wrapped up in any post-colonial
> national identity, we are simply not that xenophobic.

> unfortunately sports, like most everything these days comes down to
> economics. and it's true canada cannot compete with the almighty american
> dollar. do i have to remind you about how the toronto blue jays won the
> world series of americas national pastime a few years ago?

> french technology? hmm, i suppose here in montreal our metro system (one
> of the best run in the world) is made by bombardier, a french company.
> other than that i can't even begin to get my head around what you meant by
> these comments other than that you are being intentionally provocative and
> just looking to get a rise out of people

> and i'd say we do quite well in any gourmande sense here in montreal.

> bryan adams and celine dionne? why not include neil young, leanard cohen
> and jonie mitchell?

> and sorry? how has america kept canada's economy afloat?

> on september 12th 2001 overseas headlines read "we are all americans
> now". in three short years there has been a polar shift worldwide-
> america has become the most hated nation in the world. doesn't this strike
> you americans as alarming? have you not seen the protests worldwide to
> your government? the cheers to morrissey's comments ... it's incredible
> just how ignorant the average american is to their own country's foreign
> policies and the rest of the worlds history. really alarming and
> terrifying.

Great post Aaron. Finally some intelligence graces this disgraceful board.
 
R

robhenson

Guest
But lets not forget candada brought us Michael J Fox, John Candy, Jim Carrey, and The Kids In The Hall. thats enough i think.
 
G

GenderNectar

Guest
> But lets not forget candada brought us Michael J Fox, John Candy, Jim
> Carrey, and The Kids In The Hall. thats enough i think.

Lorne Michaels, Mike Myers, Matthew Perry, Elizabeth Arden, Martin Short, Dan Aykroyd, Phil Hartman, Leslie Nielson, Catherine O'Hara, Carrie-Anne Moss,Alex Trebek, Margaret Atwood, James Cameron, Wayne Gretzky...etc.
 
Top Bottom