"Some Girls..." (live, Brixton Academy, London, Dec. 12, '86) released on Spotify

Doesn't seem any different to the version we all know and love. Still has the slight tape hiss at the beginning. Quite perfect as it is, though.

40880_somegirls.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:

'I don't like the extra verse. And you?'

I do ! I love it all ! with two lumps! and never in moderation !

:D

my ongoing laptop problems,in mind, is this the one where Morrissey sings the 3 rd verse?

'on the shopfloor this calender, as obvious as snow, as if we didn't know'

as sir Quando shortly mentioned, some guitarists you know without the song or performer [Brian Ferry-Right Stuff] it's 'THAT' guitarist, with this Smiths song Marr undoubtly puts his guitar riffs on this song.

Thanks.

Thank you celibate!
And you know, for me the extra attraction of the song is the combination of Johnny Marr's wonderful guitar playing and Mozzers over the top absurd lyrics and the way he sang them. I like the basslicks of Andy Rourke too. They were great.

To me, apart from the moving music itself it is a great piece of surrealistic art in a whole different way as ever been done before.
In music.

I mean, there are all kinds of music that are or trying to be, experimenting with all kinds of sounds, like in post modern classical music forms, but not with the more or less popular rock/popmusic format, and the meaning of the lyrics itself.

It is just one of the greatest Smiths songs of all time and I noticed it always makes me feel good, whenever listening or hearing it.

There is a certain atmosphere, it's beautiful, tragic, slightly melancholic, but it's also funny and has an uplifting feel to it.
Don't know quite how to say it in other words, but that's the magic of it.
Cheerio celibate! :thumb:

Waste of an excellent tune.

I still maintain this is one of the Smiths greatest tunes - regardless of the lyrics. You can change the lyrics of the chorus to "I've got a big yellow tractor", and it still works.

Thank you celibate!
And you know, for me the extra attraction of the song is the combination of Johnny Marr's wonderful guitar playing and Mozzers over the top absurd lyrics and the way he sang them. I like the basslicks of Andy Rourke too. They were great.

To me, apart from the moving music itself it is a great piece of surrealistic art in a whole different way as ever been done before.
In music.

I mean, there are all kinds of music that are or trying to be, experimenting with all kinds of sounds, like in post modern classical music forms, but not with the more or less popular rock/popmusic format, and the meaning of the lyrics itself.

It is just one of the greatest Smiths songs of all time and I noticed it always makes me feel good, whenever listening or hearing it.

There is a certain atmosphere, it's beautiful, tragic, slightly melancholic, but it's also funny and has an uplifting feel to it.

Thank you celibate!

In music.

You set into words what I always felt like towards this song....it is a piece of art....it is so beautifully construed...never tire of it....

The lyrics are a huge vocal hooks in their entirety....it's dreamy, poppy, the ntelligent, subtle, almost done in a backwards way.

gannon is playing here also...no? I'm trying to hear them seperately.
in other words, does anyone know if that's all johnny or cg too?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom