Some fans are just plain jealous of Julia's relationship with Moz!!!

I agree.. but he seems to have inadvertently provoked himself this time.

I think it's funny that he can say "Bring me the head of Elton John" or "I wish George W. Bush died instead of Ronald Reagan" but someone calls Julia a c*** and he's upset because it's his "friend". I think Morrissey is the french word for "double standard."

It's called loyalty to his friend.

And double standards are allowed.It's Morrissey:thumb:

I think people are under the illusion that Morrissey is happy about their obsession with him. He probably is not because it makes his life uncomfortable. This guy who shouted obscenities at Julia is apparently one of those losers who dresses like Morrissey. Do people really not think that Morrissey secretly despises such characters? Think about it, how would you feel about someone who dressed like you? Would you respect them? I doubt very much he cares if he winds someone like that up.

I agree.. but he seems to have inadvertently provoked himself this time.

I think it's funny that he can say "Bring me the head of Elton John" or "I wish George W. Bush died instead of Ronald Reagan" but someone calls Julia a c*** and he's upset because it's his "friend". I think Morrissey is the french word for "double standard."

Don't see the correlation myself? How does a birthday wish logically elicit a "you c***" response from anyone?

This guy who shouted obscenities at Julia is apparently one of those losers who dresses like Morrissey. Do people really not think that Morrissey secretly despises such characters? Think about it, how would you feel about someone who dressed like you? Would you respect them? I doubt very much he cares if he winds someone like that up.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

It's called loyalty to his friend.

And double standards are allowed.It's Morrissey:thumb:

Precisely.

They're friends. They're loyal to each other. They might be annoying sometimes but they're being friendly toward each other. Are we going to be furious over little acts of kindness exchanged between two friends?

I've read that Julia has behaved badly toward some individuals here, but the same stories also indicate easy solutions to be had. If she's in your seat, call security and throw her ass out. If she cops an attitude, give it right back. Nobody can possibly envy her-- why not turn the other cheek and let a needy woman get her fix, especially when she's a pal of Morrissey's? She's easy to ignore, and if you need to deal with her, brushing a fly off your shoulder would be tougher.

I understand that Julia is a very dedicated Morrissey follower. She ran her own fanzine which was very insightful and true and she put a lot of heart into it. She deserves everything she gets from him.

I just don't want her to be an obstacle hindering MY OWN Moz experience.

I think people are under the illusion that Morrissey is happy about their obsession with him. He probably is not because it makes his life uncomfortable. This guy who shouted obscenities at Julia is apparently one of those losers who dresses like Morrissey. Do people really not think that Morrissey secretly despises such characters? Think about it, how would you feel about someone who dressed like you? Would you respect them? I doubt very much he cares if he winds someone like that up.
What exactly is dressing like Morrissey these days? He is hardly Bjork.And this guy doesn't sound like he is wearing Prada shirts judging by his comments.
I suppose he had the usual quiff and sideburns??

I wonder if Morrissey pushes people to see how far he can take it before they have the confidence or the individuality to contradict him. Like with the NME interview. By provoking the concert audience with sarky comments, by encouraging attempts at the stage at a risk of injury. By repeatedly mentioning Julia when he knows it riles the jealous. He gets proof of their adoration and Julia gets...the flack. (I'm not excusing her bad behaviour. That's something for venue/Morrissey's security to sort out when the seatholder requests it.) Reports here give the impression he relishes the mayhem when people desperately try to reach him. But like Danny says, I doubt he would want to know them outside of the concert environment. It's all part of the show, with it's many facets, not all bright and shiny.

I wonder if Morrissey pushes people to see how far he can take it before they have the confidence or the individuality to contradict him. Like with the NME interview. By provoking the concert audience with sarky comments, by encouraging attempts at the stage at a risk of injury. By repeatedly mentioning Julia when he knows it riles the jealous.. Reports here give the impression he relishes the mayhem when people desperately try to reach him. But like Danny says, I doubt he would want to know them outside of the concert environment. It's all part of the show, with it's many facets, not all bright and shiny.

Absolutely agree.

I think Morrissey is having a bit of a laugh at Julia's expense; it's almost a (slightly cruel) comedy routine. I also think he's winding his audience up - not always with the desired results.

Morrissey really is more of a performance artist than a crooner. A good Morrissey show is good fun, but a great Morrissey show is a strange psychodrama unto itself.

They do that a lot in America.

I don't know what Americans you are hanging around with, but no, "they" don't do that a lot in America. I never hear that word in daily life in the US. I do see it more on this board than I do any other board I visit on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom