Some fans are just plain jealous of Julia's relationship with Moz!!!

That latest, according to the main board, is that she is his daughter.I guess he was really sexually active at eight then.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Morrissey has been making headlines with this tour;

Cancelling the first few concerts in the US, the comments about his physique, walking out of stage in Coachella because of the smell of meat, cancelling gigs in London, Birmingham and Jools Holland due to illmess and now this Julia incident. What's next?

Morrissey did say, "If you're not enjoying yourself, why don't leave?" or something along those lines. He continued to be abusive & I doubt on the ticket he bought it gave him permission to harass other fans & heckle Morrissey himself.

it was a pretty nasty display. Some of us are getting nasty indeed.

I'm not sure it was on the ticket that those things are not allowed.

This is a rock concert.. not a golf or a tennis match where you are expected to be quiet (which is completely lame). There is probably some wording on the ticket about certain behaviour that could get you ejected and it is probably ambiguous enough that it gives venue security enough power to enforce it pretty easily. At least that is typical of ticket agreements in the US. Not sure what UK ticket fine print looks like.

This is not the first time he has defended her.

She got jeered quite loudly in Pasadena in 2007 and Morrissey said something like, "Ignore them Julia, they are just jealous."

The difference here is that there was a more negative reaction directed at a specific heckler rather than the generic comments and that reaction included Boz.

Morrissey knows from experience that talking to Julia generally creates some negative sentiment from the crowd. He knows this and yet he does it and then isn't happy when the expected results become a reality. Morrissey actually empowers the audience when he reacts like this. Same for Boz. It rewards the behaviour that they are getting upset with. What's next? Will Solomon spit on someone? Will Jesse bash someone with a guitar? Will Kris Pooley play louder? Where does it stop?

I think if she was British she would have been labelled as a psychopathic stalker who desperately wanted to get into Morrissey's pants by now.
Edit: I'm not for one second implying she is.Just that the British mentality is different than the American one about such things.*ahem*

Last edited:
All these posts about her.:eek:

Live and let live guys.

I think if she was british she would have been labelled as a psychopathic stalker who desperately wanted to get into Morrissey's pants by now.

I'm pretty sure I've heard that about her already.

I don't say it is bad he defended her, I am surprised he was so vehement. I have sometimes felt he was not really his friend, because he was pretty ironic with her, and I did not like the way he spoke to her.
So, that is great to see he could be nice to her.
In the same time, they could have asked the guy to go at the 50th row, but to make him go...I don't know.

Oh I know you weren't saying he was wrong; your post just made me think about it. :o I guess the answer is that if he hadn't said anything, the incident would have gone unnoticed. Maybe it was the language used, or the fact it was her birthday - perhaps it made Morrissey more protective than usual to take the reaction that he did.

What's next? Will Solomon spit on someone? Will Jesse bash someone with a guitar? Will Kris Pooley play louder? Where does it stop?

:lbf::lbf: That sounds like quite a show.

She is on the guest list at every show.
Her seats are are generally somwhere in the the lower section but not up front.

Arturo will talk to house security and tell them that it is ok if she moves up and sits wherever she can find a spot. That's not really a big deal except when that spot is not empty.

Fair enough. Why doesn't she get a reserved front centre stalls seat in the first place then? Would spare people a lot of hassle. I experienced one poor guy (who was a very die-hard apostle lookin forward to his front row spot FOR ONCE) at The Opera House in Manchester in 2006, she was practically sitting on his lap, unasked, and unwanted, with a very nonplussed girlfriend next to him. It was inexplicably embarrassing.

If she's such good friends with Moz why doesnt she get her RESERVED upfront seat??

- rant over -

well well, is it a Morrissey or a Julia show? :)

In my case when I want to say something to a friend I don't do it in front of thousand people. If they are my friend I try to see them face to face in a calm room with a drink, it's more pleasant.
but I do that only with my true friends ..

well well, is it a Morrissey or a Julia show? :)

In my case when I want to say something to a friend I don't do it in front of thousand people. If they are my friend I try to see them face to face in a calm room with a drink, it's more pleasant.
but I do that only with my true friends ..

Exactly! I said the same thing both here and on the main board.

:highfive:

oh well

Fair enough. Why doesn't she get a reserved front centre stalls seat in the first place then? Would spare people a lot of hassle. I experienced one poor guy (who was a very die-hard apostle lookin forward to his front row spot FOR ONCE) at The Opera House in Manchester in 2006, she was practically sitting on his lap, unasked, and unwanted, with a very nonplussed girlfriend next to him. It was inexplicably embarrassing.

If she's such good friends with Moz why doesnt she get her RESERVED upfront seat??

- rant over -

You must remember your good friends Grim and GU asked Julia if she'd like to have one of the front row tickets of Edinburugh Playhouse February 2008.
However, she declined their kind offer, then she's sitting M23's seat on the day.

Morrissey knows from experience that talking to Julia generally creates some negative sentiment from the crowd. He knows this and yet he does it and then isn't happy when the expected results become a reality.

I agree with you.

When has Morrissey not provoked? I think he enjoys getting people all rattled up which then forces them to question why they are rattled up. That is what Morrissey is all about people.;)

Re: oh well

You must remember your good friends Grim and GU asked Julia if she'd like to have one of the front row tickets of Edinburugh Playhouse February 2008.
However, she declined their kind offer, then she's sitting M23's seat on the day.

Exactly! She declined because she knew she'd be upfront anyway. I was sitting next to M23, who's just a kind soul and didn't mind much. Well....

....i'd react differently.

When has Morrissey not provoked? I think he enjoys getting people all rattled up which then forces them to question why they are rattled up. That is what Morrissey is all about people.;)

I agree.. but he seems to have inadvertently provoked himself this time.

I think it's funny that he can say "Bring me the head of Elton John" or "I wish George W. Bush died instead of Ronald Reagan" but someone calls Julia a c*** and he's upset because it's his "friend". I think Morrissey is the french word for "double standard."

Back
Top Bottom