Some fans are just plain jealous of Julia's relationship with Moz!!!

for your interest

Cheers, I didn't even know about that tours website.

:(

After the gig David posts 'aftershow' thread in mainpage.

Automatically all the live related threads are compiled in Tour section in mainpage.

Hope users will find out and familiarise about mainpage and forum features (especially both FAQ).

I personally think the idea of one person being continually mentioned, even on this forum, is a bit twee. For Morrissey to even mention one fan (or whatever you care to call her) is asking for bother. It is human nature for a crowd of god knows how many thousand to feel slighted at one person being handed the limelight. When I go to see Morrissey, I go to see Morrissey, not some person who has the financial ability to follow his every move. And if I was financially able to see Moz every single gig, I wouldn't. Yes it'd be nice but isn't what she's doing,a trifle obsessive?

Every pop star has a Julia (or two, or three). The whole situation doesn't really mean anything to me.

However, I thought it was very funny when Morrissey handed Julia the mic one night, and asked her why people were cheering. She said something like "because they love you, Morrissey" in the most deadpan, long-suffering voice. She sounded like she was so over it. I guess not.

There are worse things to spend your money on then Morrissey; I wouldn't do it, but I can't fault her taste in music.

An anonymous post on the main board said:

He was absolutely foul. Julia was speaking and all I could hear was this meathead shouting 'No No NO Don't. She's a c*nt..she's a f*cking c*nt' and other protestations. Really horrid and wierd. Then Moz mumbled to J 'Excuse me', in order to have the mic back, at which point he walked over to meathead and asked 'what's your problem' and 'but who are you?' Meathead continued hammering on about 'why is she singled out' 'just because she's got lots of money and can come to every show.' Moz laughed: 'but she hasn't'!! Then he said he had been enjoying himself but 'you've ruined it now'. Bouncer warned meathead to keep it down but he seemed to just carry on. Ha! As if he's going to get any respect now!! Moz came back over and asked him to leave several times. 'Look, will you just leave.' Then asked Boz and audience what he should do. Boz came over and gave meathead a right telling off!! Looking at it now it makes me smile but the guy at the time was repulsive and I was taken aback.

How long before somebody uses this anecdote as "proof" that "Morrissey treats his fans like shit", I wonder? :rolleyes:

It would be nice to have that much time and money to follow Morrissey around the world.

But it doesn't mean that his music means any more to her than anyone else.

Why should she get priority over anyone else at venues as to where she stands? Other fans who have struggled to get the cash together for even one date on a tour are no less important than what she is. She should not get given the special treatment. If she's seen him 100's of times then good for her, but she should (and so should Morrissey) bear in mind that there are other fans out there who love him just as much. Why doesnt she watch from the side of the stage?

Perhaps people are jealous of her "relationship" with him. Nothing wrong with that of course- as long as they don't start taking it out on her. Unless she behaves like an idiot of course, then it would be entirely warrented.

How long before somebody uses this anecdote as "proof" that "Morrissey treats his fans like shit", I wonder? :rolleyes:

I think that question should really be "Why do some fans treat Morrissey like shit?" Or fellow fans?

I'll never, ever understand jealousy towards other fans. :confused:

I've never met Julia, but I admire all she has done to support Moz over the years. And I like her web site.

Kudos to Moz and Boz for giving the heckler a verbal lashing. I hate bullies.

Is there any video/audio of the incident available yet? Kudos to Moz and Boz and the security team for flinging the heckler out.

The strange thing is Morrissey hasn't mentioned her this tour at all and she hasn't been seen at the gigs. The first time her name is mentioned all this bile comes out, if people really thought about it they'd realise how pathetic that is.

He actually got kicked out?

I couldn't actually hear what he was saying, so from my perspective Morrissey seemed a bit harsh. However, if he was really being horrible then I guess he deserved it.

thing is, the heckler got attention from moz, even tho it was negative! he'll be bragging now!!! he really p'd moz off big time, was worried he was going to walk off, the heckler would not have got out in one piece if he had!!
thankfully moz chilled and the gig was amazing!!

one point tho, did julia stand out side for 6 hours +? i dont recognise her, so cant say for sure, if she did then fair enough, if not, how come she gets prime spot? Thats the thing that annoys people, many groaned around me when he mentioned her.
And i would follow moz round touring if i had the cash and time........maybe in the next world.........xx

I recall a thread in this forum, maybe 1 or 2 years ago when some fans complained in different shows that they had the same experience of having their seats taken by Julia, even when they had paid for them, and she didn't care and didn't want to leave and give their seats back to them, who were holding the actual tickets, while she didn't... And I'm sure they were ike at least 3 people telling the same story in different venues.

Ah! This is the thread: http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=83515&highlight=julia+seats

Last edited:
I recall a thread in this forum, maybe 1 or 2 years ago when some fans complained in different shows that they had the same experience of having their seats taken by Julia, even when they had paid for them, and she didn't care and didn't want to leave and give them their seats back to them, who were holding the actual tickets, while she didn't... And I'm sure they were ike at least 3 people telling the same story in different venues.

Ah! This is the thread: http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=83515&highlight=julia+seats

I remember reading that too and thinking it strange. I imagine Morrissey has something to do with this, he's comfortable with her banter. Even though it's repetitive, he can count on it. I don't mean to insinuate she's a shill, more like an speedometer to read the speed of the crowd.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eht7Vdgiv3A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eht7Vdgiv3A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Maybe its jealousy, anger, resentment when it comes to our feelings towards her. Im astounded though that some people on here go on about how 'she gave me a moment of her time outside a gig' etc etc, wtf, is she some important person whos presence we must feel honoured by? If i had the money, sure I'd go to a LOT of Morrissey concerts, but i make no apologies by saying that following him around the world is a bit sad and strange, Morrissey himself once said that life is for living, and that most people do nothing with their lives, she definitely falls into that category. Reading this you have all probably come to the conclusion I'm jealous, well admittedly yeh i am, a tiny bit :p But we have the right to be a bit pissed off at her, I've heard a LOT of stories from friends about her refusing to move seats that they have booked. This is turning into a major rant and I apologise, but to all of you sticking up for her, wake up, she isnt royalty and those of us who have an issue with her, rightfully do so. :horny:

Some fans are plainer than others.

:drama:

I recall a thread in this forum, maybe 1 or 2 years ago when some fans complained in different shows that they had the same experience of having their seats taken by Julia, even when they had paid for them, and she didn't care and didn't want to leave and give their seats back to them, who were holding the actual tickets, while she didn't... And I'm sure they were ike at least 3 people telling the same story in different venues.

When my friend and I saw him in Milwaukee back in 2004, we had arrived early enough to get a place along the barricade at the front. One of the people Julia was traveling with (or at least was attending the show with) asked my friend to relinquish her spot so "Julia could be seen from the stage by Morrissey." My friend said something to the effect that this was the only time she'd been able to get at the front, Julia is there almost every night, etc, and the woman moved on. She proceeded on down the barricade and, incredibly, someone stepped away to give her enough of a berth to stand in.

I have no strong personal feeling about her, but, in terms of basic etiquette, I thought it was a little tacky that she had someone else ask on her behalf. If you're going to ask someone to give up their opportunity to be at the barricade, have the courtesy to do it yourself. Plus, there was a smidgen of insinuation that Morrissey would not put on as good of a show if he could not have access to her.

Will it draw fire if I say that, even with all the means in the world, I could not be forced to go to every Morrissey gig because I would find it incredibly tedious?

Cheers,
Jamie

What is her website called???

http://true-to-you.net
It's very poor in comparison to Solo and isn't updated often. The only reason it's worth checking is that Morrissey sometimes chooses to release statements though it and there are occasionally competitions.

Like others have said on here I understand that if she's rich then it's natural to want to go to a lot of Morrissey gigs. I would go to a fair few shows if I had the time and money. However personally I don't really think much of someone who is willing to follow a man around the globe in an unquestioning act of hero-worship. Being a fan has to stop somewhere or it becomes unhealthy - hasn't she got a life of her own to be getting on with? I think a lot of my annoyance is with Morrissey for encouraging her behaviour rather than with Julia herself: it's apparent that she is very loyal and I would expect him to show his appreciation for this but I do not think he should act towards her in the way he does. If anything I would hope he would ignore her in an effort to stop her being so obssessive. I can't fathom his reasoning - maybe he gets a kick out of knowing someone is willing to devote a large part of their life to him, maybe he even does it because he knows how much other fans get their knickers in a twist over it! At the end of the day though no matter how much we don't like it we're only fans and can't expect Morrissey to do what always pleases us.

Of course on a very basic level i'm jealous of Julia. It would be great to go to lots of gigs and get the mic from Morrissey (even once!). There's nothing wrong with jealousy though, i'm jealous of lots of people for many reasons but this doesn't necessarily mean I hold ill-will towards them. The heckler at Cambridge sounds well out of order. No matter what his views that's no way to go about expressing them.

Back
Top Bottom