Some fans are just plain jealous of Julia's relationship with Moz!!!

Again, last night she was heckled (Cambridge) and this time Morrissey defended her, stating that she was his friend.

We all know Julia is wealthy enough to follow Morrissey around the word, that she runs a website dedicated to him and that pisses some fans right off!!!

I've been at concerts and spoke to people regarding Julia (even from this site) and it's like they really hate her!

I tell you what, if i was a millionaire i'd be going to see Moz on world tours, staying in the same hotels and running a website dedicated to him too!!

Get off her back, she's a friend of Morrissey's so just get over it.....:thumb:

Again, last night she was heckled (Cambridge) and this time Morrissey defended her, stating that she was his friend.

We all know Julia is wealthy enough to follow Morrissey around the word, that she runs a website dedicated to him and that pisses some fans right off!!!

I've been at concerts and spoke to people regarding Julia (even from this site) and it's like they really hate her!

I tell you what, if i was a millionaire i'd be going to see Moz on world tours, staying in the same hotels and running a website dedicated to him too!!

She is perceived, rightly or wrongly as a 'hanger-on'.

Everybody hates a hanger-on.

Morrissey does her no favours when he namechecks her... and i've always wondered why he actually does this?

Is it a 'thankyou' for being an obsessive?? :rolleyes:
--------------------------

btw..just remembered this post:

Dear Friends-

I believe this to be a personal "thank-you" to Julia.

I can't help but be honestly jealous. And I know many people are terribly jealous of Julia. I have met her, and I can tell you she is very, very nice!

However, many fans feel that there is somehow a double-message and double-standard ("In the days when you were hopelessly poor, I just liked you more").

It has been reported that Julia presented Morrissey with a very expensive birthday present: a rare and expensive Wilde (valued at $15,000 or $30,000???). It has also been reported that Julia is a wealthy heiress who is very capable of following every tour stop with prime seating and backstage event passes, etc. I think it is only natural and human to be a bit jealous. I know the frequent name-checks actually provoke a bit of anger and resentment among fans.

Perhaps this is because every fan secretly wishes to shake Morrissey's hand (maybe meeting for tea or a drink?) I guess money changes everything. My feelings are mixed to say the least, but I will always secretly love Morrissey for what his music has done for me.

Oh well, enough said.

With love always-
Too shy to sign
Anonymous -- Monday October 31 2005, @07:34PM (#183772)

Last edited:
It's daft. How many people would do the same, given the means? I reckon a very large percentage of fans would do exactly what Julia does. It's one thing to hate from afar, but when you meet fans in the flesh, they're nearly always nice. Julia is no different. Hating her because of what she is able to do is hypocrisy from the haters - they'd do exactly the same.

Peter

Wish there was some video of that, would be cool to see haha
I have no opinion either way on her, yes if I was that rich I'd probably go to many more Moz gigs than I currently am (and by that I mean all 2 that I've been able to see). What on earth does she do to make money? Obviously got something set in place to make her money work for her because all this time on tour means she's not working...

My only question is I'm not even really sure who she is .. I thought that in the Importance of being Morrissey doco, is she the American lady that comes on and says soemthing about "love of the one common sovereign which is Morrissey" ?

It's a bit annoying to have him constantly going on and on about Julia in bootlegs you hear, that annoys me, but that's not jealous, if I was going to that many gigs I doubt I'd like to be namechecked all the time like that, I'd like to just go and enjoy the gigs.

Funny thing but when I was younger and heard the recordings and before I knew the backstory, I thought "Julia" was Moz's collective name for the audience, and that when addressing Julia he was talking to everyone haha

Frankly I would find it impossible to be jealous of Julia or anyone else.i think most real fans couldn't give a shite.

My only question is I'm not even really sure who she is .. I thought that in the Importance of being Morrissey doco, is she the American lady that comes on and says soemthing about "love of the one common sovereign which is Morrissey" ?

No, that isnt Julia :)

I strongly agree. In the past I personally used to hold a bit of a grudge against her, most likely out of jealousy. But I've come to realise that dedication should be rewarded, especailly on the scale she has shown. Plus, if she is considered as a 'friend' then why not say hello, anyone else would.

I think last night was just a jealous man trying to make an invalid point which wasn't going to change anything regarding Morrissey & Julia's relationship in the slightest. So why bother. He was stupidly rude about it as well.

Has Morrissey ever singled out an audience member & made them leave before?

Funny thing but when I was younger and heard the recordings and before I knew the backstory, I thought "Julia" was Moz's collective name for the audience, and that when addressing Julia he was talking to everyone haha

:lbf::lbf::lbf: Aw...My friend thought she was Morrissey's wife.

I don't have an opinion on Julia because I have never met her. I've been to shows where she was present, but I can't recall seeing her. As most people have said, if I had money to spend as I please, I would undoubtedly go to alot of shows like Julia. And at the end of the day, she doesn't do it to annoy people. She does it because, like all of us, she loves the songs. It seems so ridiculous for some fans to hold such a grudge against another fan, who Morrissey clearly likes. What would they achieve?

Last edited:
What I find odd is that others on here would behave in the same obsessive way if they had the money. I couldnt think of anything more boring than following any artist around the world just for a 80 minute show every night or so.

I got the feeling at the recent Liverpool gig that I had hear it all before and that was my first one of the year. What must it be like after the 50th?

I suppose the question is.....Is Morrissey really that big a part of your life that you would forsake everything else to follow him around the world?

I won't waste my energy hating someone for being rich. She has good taste in music and I would love to attend more concerts.
Morrissey has a lot of obsessive fans, she must be a harmless one but she should do some good with her money, maybe help animals, that way she'll earn the respect she gets.

She might already be doing generous things but we don't know about it. who knows or cares? just let her be.

I find the idea of her a bit pathetic, and there is no way I'd want to follow Morrissey around the world. She also seems a bit vacant judging by her shit website and the things she says when he gives her the microphone, it's almost like Morrissey fills the void in her head. I think he feels sorry for her.

But there is no excuse whatsoever for the behaviour of that rude fan. It's just boorish idiocy to act like that.

What was said? And someone mentioned above that Boz went "apeshit" - what happened?

An anonymous post on the main board said:

He was absolutely foul. Julia was speaking and all I could hear was this meathead shouting 'No No NO Don't. She's a c*nt..she's a f*cking c*nt' and other protestations. Really horrid and wierd. Then Moz mumbled to J 'Excuse me', in order to have the mic back, at which point he walked over to meathead and asked 'what's your problem' and 'but who are you?' Meathead continued hammering on about 'why is she singled out' 'just because she's got lots of money and can come to every show.' Moz laughed: 'but she hasn't'!! Then he said he had been enjoying himself but 'you've ruined it now'. Bouncer warned meathead to keep it down but he seemed to just carry on. Ha! As if he's going to get any respect now!! Moz came back over and asked him to leave several times. 'Look, will you just leave.' Then asked Boz and audience what he should do. Boz came over and gave meathead a right telling off!! Looking at it now it makes me smile but the guy at the time was repulsive and I was taken aback.

An anonymous post on the main board said:

He was absolutely foul. Julia was speaking and all I could hear was this meathead shouting 'No No NO Don't. She's a c*nt..she's a f*cking c*nt' and other protestations. Really horrid and wierd. Then Moz mumbled to J 'Excuse me', in order to have the mic back, at which point he walked over to meathead and asked 'what's your problem' and 'but who are you?' Meathead continued hammering on about 'why is she singled out' 'just because she's got lots of money and can come to every show.' Moz laughed: 'but she hasn't'!! Then he said he had been enjoying himself but 'you've ruined it now'. Bouncer warned meathead to keep it down but he seemed to just carry on. Ha! As if he's going to get any respect now!! Moz came back over and asked him to leave several times. 'Look, will you just leave.' Then asked Boz and audience what he should do. Boz came over and gave meathead a right telling off!! Looking at it now it makes me smile but the guy at the time was repulsive and I was taken aback.

Ooh dear, there's no call for that really. Did the guy leave?

I find the idea of her a bit pathetic, and there is no way I'd want to follow Morrissey around the world. She also seems a bit vacant judging by her shit website and the things she says when he gives her the microphone, it's almost like Morrissey fills the void in her head. I think he feels sorry for her.

But there is no excuse whatsoever for the behaviour of that rude fan. It's just boorish idiocy to act like that.

I agree.

.... he gives her the mic?

So is she the one who said "But, why Killarney" at the Kerry Gig? Anyone know?

I just thought it was someone random.

I agree, if I had the money, even with my love of Morrissey or any artist I couldn't see myself actually following them around on tour .. sure I'd go to a heap more gigs than I currently could, I'd maybe organise myself to go to up to 10 gigs over the course of a year but to go from city to city everywhere is a bit much for me.

The only thing that annoys me about Julia now that I come to think about it is when she is handed the mic she has absolutely nothing to say .. this is something that Morrissey says in people he hates and yet keeps talking to her. She either just says some lame comment about how great he is, or tries to say something witty and it just failing. You could forgive someone who gets a once in a life time shot at having the mic handed to them and freaking out and not knowing what to say or do and blurting out their love for Morrissey ... but with the amount of times it's happend with her you'd think she would have something to say.

From what was said, that heckler sounds a complete

Studio_Leghorn_172_M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom