Soft Cell - track listing for their upcoming 2-CD album "Heat: The Remixes"

The Seeker of Good Songs

Soft Cell have revealed the track listing for their upcoming 2-CD album "Heat: The Remixes", a 25-track release featuring brand new interpretations of many classic Soft Cell tracks. Also included are new mixes from both Marc Almond and David Ball. The release is expected to hit the shops on August 4th via on Bizzare/Universal Records. A 40-track digital version of the album will be available as well featuring additional remixes not included on the CD edition. Some of the key club mixes/dubs will possibly be released on DJ-only vinyl.

The final track listing is confirmed as follows:

CD1
1. Memorabilia – Cicada Remix
2. Bedsitter – Manhattan Clique Remix
3. Tainted Love – Dakeyne Remix
4. Youth – The Memory Band Remix
5. Torch – Manhattan Clique Remix (Edit)
6. Where The Heart Is – Marcas Lancaster Remix
7. Seedy Films – Richard X Remix
8. Say Hello, Wave Goodbye – Marcas Lancaster Remix
9. What – Simon Plastiq Remix
10. Numbers – Spektrum Remix
11. Insecure Me – Trevor Jackson / Playgroup Remix (Edit)
12. Soul Inside – Readers Wives Remix
13. A Man Can Get Lost – Marcello Remix

CD2
1. Heat – Yer Man Remix
2. Meet Murder My Angel - Marc Almond & Kinky Roland Remix
3. Sex Dwarf – The Grid Remix
4. Baby Doll – Nitewreckers Remix
5. Secret Life - George Demure Remix
6. Chips On My Shoulder – Mark Moore & Kinky Roland Remix
7. Barriers – Dark Poets Remix
8. Surrender To A Stranger – MHC Remix (Edit)
9. Little Rough Rhinestone – Solvent Remix
10. Frustration – Punx Soundcheck Remix
11. The Art Of Falling Apart – Atomizer Remix
12. Her Imagination – Monkey Farm Frankenstein Remix
13. Martin – Nitewreckers Remix

Also watch out for brand new expanded editions of Soft Cell's classic albums "Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret", which will also be released on August 4th 2008. "The Art Of Falling Apart" and "This Last Night In Sodom" will also be released at a later stage. An official MySpace hub for this release was created at www.myspace.com/softcellremixalbumofficial where you can listen to various remixes.

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=34015_0_2_0_C

skellngtn

errr...i love marc and soft cell's music but why on earth are they re-rereleasing the Soft Cell discs when they were just rereleased a few years ago remastered with all the b-sides? unless they load them up with another disc of live or unreleased gems, what's the point...besides money? not hating, just wondering.

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
Soft Cell have revealed the track listing for their upcoming 2-CD album "Heat: The Remixes", a 25-track release featuring brand new interpretations of many classic Soft Cell tracks. Also included are new mixes from both Marc Almond and David Ball. The release is expected to hit the shops on August 4th via on Bizzare/Universal Records. A 40-track digital version of the album will be available as well featuring additional remixes not included on the CD edition. Some of the key club mixes/dubs will possibly be released on DJ-only vinyl.

The final track listing is confirmed as follows:

CD1
1. Memorabilia – Cicada Remix
2. Bedsitter – Manhattan Clique Remix
3. Tainted Love – Dakeyne Remix
4. Youth – The Memory Band Remix
5. Torch – Manhattan Clique Remix (Edit)
6. Where The Heart Is – Marcas Lancaster Remix
7. Seedy Films – Richard X Remix
8. Say Hello, Wave Goodbye – Marcas Lancaster Remix
9. What – Simon Plastiq Remix
10. Numbers – Spektrum Remix
11. Insecure Me – Trevor Jackson / Playgroup Remix (Edit)
12. Soul Inside – Readers Wives Remix
13. A Man Can Get Lost – Marcello Remix

CD2
1. Heat – Yer Man Remix
2. Meet Murder My Angel - Marc Almond & Kinky Roland Remix
3. Sex Dwarf – The Grid Remix
4. Baby Doll – Nitewreckers Remix
5. Secret Life - George Demure Remix
6. Chips On My Shoulder – Mark Moore & Kinky Roland Remix
7. Barriers – Dark Poets Remix
8. Surrender To A Stranger – MHC Remix (Edit)
9. Little Rough Rhinestone – Solvent Remix
10. Frustration – Punx Soundcheck Remix
11. The Art Of Falling Apart – Atomizer Remix
12. Her Imagination – Monkey Farm Frankenstein Remix
13. Martin – Nitewreckers Remix

Also watch out for brand new expanded editions of Soft Cell's classic albums "Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret", which will also be released on August 4th 2008. "The Art Of Falling Apart" and "This Last Night In Sodom" will also be released at a later stage. An official MySpace hub for this release was created at www.myspace.com/softcellremixalbumofficial where you can listen to various remixes.

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=34015_0_2_0_C
I can't help but wonder where "Where Was Your Heart When You Needed It Most". In my opinion the best track on Last Night In Sodom with its Phantom Of The Opera like tones with some excellent and truthful lyrics.

The Seeker of Good Songs

errr...i love marc and soft cell's music but why on earth are they re-rereleasing the Soft Cell discs when they were just rereleased a few years ago remastered with all the b-sides? unless they load them up with another disc of live or unreleased gems, what's the point...besides money? not hating, just wondering.
These are remixes, not remastered or another release of the originals.

skellngtn

i know the Heat collection is only remixes...i was referring to this:

Also watch out for brand new expanded editions of Soft Cell's classic albums "Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret", which will also be released on August 4th 2008. "The Art Of Falling Apart" and "This Last Night In Sodom" will also be released at a later stage.