So what's next?

Morrissey has completed both the North American and European leg of the LIHS tour. What's next?

• More shows announced in the U.S?

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Is Moz allowed back in the U.S?

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • More shows in Europe?

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • A break before the tour resumes for the remainder of 2018? Where does the tour resume?

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Begin work/recording on the next album?

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

beewee

Morrissey has completed both the North American and European leg of the LIHS tour.

What's next?
  • more shows announced in the U.S?
    • is he allowed back in the U.S?
  • more shows in Europe?
  • a break before the tour resumes for the remainder of 2018?
    • where does the tour resume?
  • begin work on the next album?
I am interested to see what everyone out there is thinking?

I'm personally hoping for more shows for everyone, but selfishly more shows on the U.S west coast (California), in smaller venues, we all know the small venues are the best to catch the man in action.

BeeWee

More right-wing bollocks, diminishing crowds, and the gradual realisation that the world has changed, and you haven't.

2 members of the band have indicated soon to be working on side projects via social media recently - so a hiatus probably.
An unadvertised single and a TV session to see out March - then... Who knows!?
Regards,
FWD.

Blood hell fook c*** tit lad! Reckon the same. Counting all the foreigner money from "the uk" tour, Jet ski races with his new pal William Michael Albert Broad, laying out in the sun on Malibu, shopping with Aunt Nancy at the Beverly Center, going to concerts at The Wiltern, Lucha Libre wrestling at The Mayan, playing GTA and Madden with lil' Sammy, all you can eat potato taco Tuesday at The Sunset Marquis...etc

Last edited:
More right-wing bollocks, diminishing crowds, and the gradual realisation that the world has changed, and you haven't.

"diminishing crowds", what the f*** are you talking about? Nothing factual in that claim. The live attendances are as high as they ever were during Morrissey's solo career, and easily surpassing anything The Smiths achieved.

SOSB

sell out shows hardly indicates diminishing crowds and maybe its you that hasn't changed,the time machine that can transport you back to 1983 hasn't been invented yet.

More left-wing bollocks (like his recent endorsements of George Galloway and Bernie Sanders), more anti-racism with the continued presence of black icons in pre-show footage, and more unprecedentedly successful tours (the UK arena tour was his most successful ever). Morrissey's never been more popular.

It'd be lovely if he'd do the cancelled US shows (Philly, Boston), and p'raps throw in some cities he's not been to in a while (Burlington, VT, etc).

"diminishing crowds", what the f*** are you talking about? Nothing factual in that claim. The live attendances are as high as they ever were during Morrissey's solo career, and easily surpassing anything The Smiths achieved.

SOSB

Yeah but these people have been predicting morrisseys demise since I’ve been posting here. Before the us tour this time around someone went on constantly saying how this time it was gonna be half empty shows and that no one would buy tickets and the opposite happened. There’s a lack of objectivity I think to there observations but you cant help some people.

I’ve no idea what he’s gonna do next specifically but I imagine he’ll take a small break and tour more before releasing new music. It’d be nice indeed if he came back and made up those us dates but didn’t he take off for more far off places after the us U.K. tour for world peace. I think that could be likely

sell out shows hardly indicates diminishing crowds and maybe its you that hasn't changed,the time machine that can transport you back to 1983 hasn't been invented yet.

I was thinking about time travel a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure that it'll always be impossible. For someone to go backwards or forwards in time, every single thing in the universe(s) would have to move accordingly. Every planet and star. Every atom. Everything!

Anyway, I'd like more music please Morrissey!

SOSB

Are you sure?
Have you seen the footage of the mayhem morrissey caused in the 90s simply by playing in a city, How quickly he sold out MSG? All this was done with little to no media attention, these days he has the internet to spread the word, the main stream media advertising him, even if it's bad press.
But most of all he didn't have to rely on acting like a an utter imbecile to get the press, he also had a better class of fan back then. Today's morrissey fans are a joke, his fan base is largely considered to be the worst in music biz - certainly some of the most stupid, they used to be considerd, bright and trendy with a smattering of in know football yobs Let's not forget the over relience on the Latino fan base, it pays his way but it's f***ed his music almost completely. Simple lyrics for the English as second language posse (most American Mexicans can't even speak English, let alone actual Mexicans )
It's with remembering even in the 90s he sold out virtually every UK venue he played. So this so called record breaking tour that out sells anything that went before is BS. He barely sold out Hollywood bowl both nights, I expect The Smiths could sell it out for a week or at least rival Depech Mode, who make morrissey look like a busker in terms of audience and they haven't used their south American fan base in such a obvious and cynical way.
I think morrissey has some good new songs but God has his 'brand' suffered and the really sad part is its his insecurity that has lead him to this, he could have just carrued making intelligent songs and he would have still had a big audience. But he seems so desperate now. All this Trump type behavior, so far from what he once was.

Are you sure?
Have you seen the footage of the mayhem morrissey caused in the 90s simply by playing in a city, How quickly he sold out MSG? All this was done with little to no media attention, these days he has the internet to spread the word, the main stream media advertising him, even if it's bad press.
But most of all he didn't have to rely on acting like a an utter imbecile to get the press, he also had a better class of fan back then. Today's morrissey fans are a joke, his fan base is largely considered to be the worst in music biz - certainly some of the most stupid, they used to be considerd, bright and trendy with a smattering of in know football yobs Let's not forget the over relience on the Latino fan base, it pays his way but it's f***ed his music almost completely. Simple lyrics for the English as second language posse (most American Mexicans can't even speak English, let alone actual Mexicans )
It's with remembering even in the 90s he sold out virtually every UK venue he played. So this so called record breaking tour that out sells anything that went before is BS. He barely sold out Hollywood bowl both nights, I expect The Smiths could sell it out for a week or at least rival Depech Mode, who make morrissey look like a busker in terms of audience and they haven't used their south American fan base in such a obvious and cynical way.
I think morrissey has some good new songs but God has his 'brand' suffered and the really sad part is its his insecurity that has lead him to this, he could have just carrued making intelligent songs and he would have still had a big audience. But he seems so desperate now. All this Trump type behavior, so far from what he once was.

And why do you come here? The old days have been so much better. So move on!

Last edited:
But does that automatically mean he can play (ie work) there, or just visit/stay?

Channeling my inner Aztec...I reckon Mayor Eric Garcetti had Donny Trump over to the beach house for a plate of spaghetti to work out the deats. As thanx, he gave him a Dodger's baseball cap and Planet Hollywood Orlando jacket. Aunt Nancy's limo will pick him up from LAX and a motorcade will take them to the Beverly Center to shop for jewelry with all the dosh he took off the UK foreigners before heading over to the Hollywood Bowl for a quick one off before tuckin' in to a potato and cheese burrito with James Newell Osterberg, Jr. Or something to that effect.

Channeling my inner Aztec...I reckon Mayor Eric Garcetti had Donny Trump over to the beach house for a plate of spaghetti to work out the deats. As thanx, he gave him a Dodger's baseball cap and Planet Hollywood Orlando jacket. Aunt Nancy's limo will pick him up from LAX and a motorcade will take them to the Beverly Center to shop for jewelry with all the dosh he took off the UK foreigners before heading over to the Hollywood Bowl for a quick one off before tuckin' in to a potato and cheese burrito with James Newell Osterberg, Jr. Or something to that effect.
Careful, people will be saying you and Aztec are one and the same.

But does that automatically mean he can play (ie work) there, or just visit/stay?
True, I realize there are distinctions among visas.

I just assumed it must be somewhat of an optimistic sign. If only for his ability to frequent Bar 1200 at Sunset Marquis unfettered.

I voted for a break, so I really don’t have an issue either way. :p

Last edited:
There's a single dropping this week. I'm assuming it will be serviced to radio and if ATYPMFIL is slated for May then it seems the era wasn't actually derailed. I expect more shows later in the year and maybe there will even be a new music video. I'd love to see him to a TV show to promoting the current singles. The album is, what, a little more than four months old?

Back
Top Bottom