So what do people think the big mystery news is gonna be next month or what do they

Re: So what do people think the big mystery news is gonna be next month or what do th

This from Boz's facebook page "no plans for (gigs) anywhere apart from polecats gigs this year so far.............."

so the anouncement is not going to be a tour it would appear

With Boz busy doing his thing i am guessing most likely its the autobiography

Duh, acappella tour. :p

Re: So what do people think the big mystery news is gonna be next month or what do th

a re-release of the single of First of the gang to die

Well I've heard that someone was going to buy a really nice house as a present...:love:

...But I think that was Russell. Yep. A cottage for his cats.:thumb:

This from Boz's facebook page "no plans for (gigs) anywhere apart from polecats gigs this year so far.............."

so the anouncement is not going to be a tour it would appear

With Boz busy doing his thing i am guessing most likely its the autobiography

Unless Morrissey is getting Gannon, Rourke and Joyce to recreate the Bona Drag sound of how it was supposed to sound like live....long shot, but I was thinking about it in the car :lbf:

...."Liverpool Pride" has just announced a further "Mystery Guest"....seeing as it is going to be the first ever LIVERPOOL LGBT/etc Pride event , and ALL the headline acts are actually from MANCHESTER, I am already quaking in my shiny new stilettos......in An-ti-Ci.........Pation....just in case...

Steven and Johnny sing songs of The Smiths

222F0727-F057-2156-FB4A275C718BB31D.jpg

Morrissey goes to Canada to live with brown bears.

The bears find him insufferable.

Morrissey flies home first class, and decides to do nothing except email the press his opinions and drink tea, for the rest of his time on earth, to teach them.

it's hard to believe but (apparently) Morrissey has agreed to record a duet with Ann Widdicombe...

it's hard to believe but (apparently) Morrissey has agreed to record a duet with Ann Widdicombe...

and the visionary Stella McCartney has agreed to direct the video based on the 70s movie "No Sex Please, We're British."

Morrissey can confirm he will definitely not be touring. In Canada :lbf:

Morrissey goes to Canada to live with brown bears.

The bears find him insufferable.

Morrissey flies home first class, and decides to do nothing except email the press his opinions and drink tea, for the rest of his time on earth, to teach them.

Sounds like that Herzog film GrizzlyMan.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427312/

With a Hollywood ending!

This doesn't necessary mean that there will be no Morrissey dates. He said "so far" which means there is nothing planned right now, there's still time it's unlikely but possible. The extended ellipses could be a hint.
I doubt he would tell people on facebook If there was news.

What if he comes out? :eek: I just hope he can marry his boy in California. :sweet:

About the biography thing, there's a very interesting article today in the Guardian for people working on theirs:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/aug/04/celebrity-biography-jonathan-margolis

As I suspected, writing a biography, or an autobiography, isn't an easy task. Oh no.

...My favourite bit is Dawn French (the surname alone explains why she's pissed off :D) having a go at him at a party :"The burden of her complaint was, funnily enough, not that I had upset the friends and family I'd contacted, but that there were key people I hadn't spoken to, who were offended"

" :mock: "

(I'll let you digest that, Simon Bobard and friends, shall I...)

a re-release of the single of First of the gang to die

Based on the possibility of an EDILS re-release this is a pretty good guess even though I don't think you were serious.

No I wasn't haha! But it would seem a good guess as it's Everyday Is Like Sunday instead, which is almost as famous as First of the gang to die...but no way near if it's mainstream!

Haha re-release of The Smiths debut album! I think by that point...everyone would have left the forum! Except for the odd obsessives that loom somewhere!

good thread!
I think Morrissey knows he needs to take a year away from the public eye after the disaster that was the Swords tour (and album sales), so I extremely doubt that he will tour this year. it would be great to have one-off single
but that's pretty unlikely.
my guess is that it's about a new record contrct - this would still be excellent news. I was worried that he'd really struggle to get a new deal given the way his sales have plummetted since Who Ate Me Curry.

well the one off single is now a given EDILS

I think realistically it will either be getting a contract with Major Minor, a tour (possibly early next year), or the autobiography, but I'd love all three. :p

i think the signing and some dates in the new year , mind you he normally gives three months notice on tour dates , i have checked about scotland and nothing seems to be booked , so perhaps some venues booked for a residency

Back
Top Bottom