SO No one except me watched the South Bank Show?

• Thread starter YOU DONT HAVE TO SAY YOU LOVE ME. .BUT IT HELPS
  • Start date
> yes, I saw it, perfect example of a gay iconess

She was without doubt the best female singer, nonetheless.

I felt sorry for her, not that she needs my sympathy, but she was so obviously unhappy, drink and drugs etc.

How did the laugh-out-loud line go?

"Dusty" is just one of those singular names of icons like Elvis, Sinatra....Minelli

>...and Preston

Yes, like Preston wants to be

BTW where in Ealing did Dusty live?

I saw the beginning, but then I had to go to bed and couldn't find a blank video! I love the clip of her on "Ready, Steady, Go" where she sings... oh I can't remember the name of it, but it's beautiful. "Everyday I have to cry some, everyday I wipe my eyes..." blah-de-blah.... Marvellous.

I was impressed with that first recording of her - she sounded so much like Billy (sp? Who cares, I love her voice anyway) Holiday!

I sing myself, and she's my female singing role model, along with Francoise Hardy.

Dusty the Musical

There's a new Australian musical about her, Dusty The Original Pop Diva:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/arts-reviews/dusty--the-original-pop-diva/2006/03/27/1143330966414.html

A documentary series about the making of the show is running on the ABC over 8 weeks.

Re: Dusty the Musical

I've just remembered that I saw "Dusty the Musical" some years ago, and they had... oh god, what's her name? She sang the themetune to "Coupling"... Mari Wilson! It was... well... the bits about Dusty were really good, but it was interspliced with the life of one of her fans, which was like "Shirley Valentine" without the jokes about the F-Plan Diet. It got a bit cheesy, really.

> She was without doubt the best female singer, nonetheless.

> I felt sorry for her, not that she needs my sympathy, but she was so
> obviously unhappy, drink and drugs etc.

The part where her friend said about her trying to kill herself by running at a wall to smash her brains out was really sad. I didn't know she self-harmed, either.

Poor old Dusty. I wish I could travel back in time and hug her.

Back
Top Bottom