So Moz can't get a record deal then

I think one thing many people are disregarding is the morrissey collaborations on the upcoming asap rocky album.

asap is really successful and liked in some crowds.

I really wish morrissey would embrace that collaboration more.

give asap a call, maybe he can help... he certainly spoke very highly of morrissey in that interview he did.

maybe when that album finally comes out morrissey will get another chance with the mainstream.

There was another rapper that wanted to work with Morrissey too, I recall.

He does have more in common with a lot of rap artists than it might seem at first glance.

Rap these days is the biggest home of controversial artists who are going to tell it like they see it without fear of offending people.

If he embraced these collaborations it could help his image in the eyes of record labels, whilst still being true to his controversial self.

I think one thing many people are disregarding is the morrissey collaborations on the upcoming asap rocky album.

asap is really successful and liked in some crowds.

I really wish morrissey would embrace that collaboration more.

give asap a call, maybe he can help... he certainly spoke very highly of morrissey in that interview he did.

maybe when that album finally comes out morrissey will get another chance with the mainstream.

A$AP Rocky was arrested this April for assault with a deadly weapon. Don't think he's in much of a position to help anyone out.

Rap these days is the biggest home of controversial artists who are going to tell it like they see it .
6EA8EC38-A5BA-41C3-A98A-05477D388995.jpeg

There was another rapper that wanted to work with Morrissey too, I recall.

He does have more in common with a lot of rap artists than it might seem at first glance.

Rap these days is the biggest home of controversial artists who are going to tell it like they see it without fear of offending people.

If he embraced these collaborations it could help his image in the eyes of record labels, whilst still being true to his controversial self.

Unless you're suggesting Morrissey do a rap album, I don't see how collaborations would help his case more than his completed album. Isn't that what the record deal is, to distribute BOT and maybe 1-2 additional albums?

Moz just needs to get Stormzy to add a mid-song rap halfway through 'Bonfire of Teenagers'.

Collaborations on successful albums would make him seem more relevant to labels, no?
Industry connections can't be a bad thing? Though if an album with Iggy Pop and Miley Cyrus can't find a label, maybe I'm imagining them to be worth more than they are.

Collaborations on successful albums would make him seem more relevant to labels, no?
Industry connections can't be a bad thing? Though if an album with Iggy Pop and Miley Cyrus can't find a label, maybe I'm imagining them to be worth more than they are.

If record companies have already decided they don't like BOT for whatever reason(s) I don't think collaborations will move the needle much. But really all we can do is guess... maybe BOT is not the issue... maybe he just wants more money than any are willing to pay? It could be that simple.

The fact the song Bonfire bemoans the song Don’t Look Back in Anger (even though that song was a spontaneous outpouring of grief from ordinary Mancunians stood in St Ann’s Square in the heart of the city) shows how utterly out of touch Dorrissey is and why record labels won’t touch it with a barge pool.

The fact the song Bonfire bemoans the song Don’t Look Back in Anger (even though that song was a spontaneous outpouring of grief from ordinary Mancunians stood in St Ann’s Square in the heart of the city) shows how utterly out of touch Dorrissey is and why record labels won’t touch it with a barge pool.
I don't get the fuss? Morrissey loves the song. I still rember him, joining The Fookin Wankers on stage to give a perfect rendition of "Don't look back in anger": see from 2:25 on

Been listening to Veronica on repeat and it’s actually decent. Completely unrelated to the controversies of the Bonfire track. It’s a track to win back lost fans but of course the new venom might send them away swiftly.

The ultimate question - can Morrissey have his tricky political song on this album alongside other cuts, or does this song derail the whole thing?

Aesthetically, I would argue that it does not. Pragmatically, it’s could easily be a sticking point that keeps the album in storage.

he was probably singing about this event, not very ‘spontaneous’ …..

I don't think the record companies care too much about the controversial Bonfire song. Even if Morrissey came up with a new Everyday Is Like Sunday with Lady Gaga and Beyoncé collaborating, it wouldn't really matter, because they know what he is like and what are his demands. He is what he is.

I don't think he'll want to disrupt his family by cutting SER out of the business when SER wants to be in it.

So, I think he'll continue to deny or blank the accusations of white nationalism, while Central will continue to post white nationalist material.

The shock value has gone, so the mainstream press will start to ignore him.

Damaging or pitying pieces will turn up occasionally online.

It will get harder to pay the tour bills.

He's getting older.

Career over.

That’s a little harsh, and possibly inaccurate.

Though he wouldn’t call what he does a ‘career’ and of course people age differently, and may choose not to do what they don’t feel comfortable doing anymore.

But Morrissey, if he chooses can always stay in the spotlight or stirring up trouble from the wings, with the occasional comment. And as far as career goes, there are other avenues such as, continue recording or more books, maybe even a play.

The world has gone to the dogs. Political correctness destroys everything that is valuable and individual and creative. on Viva hate, Morrissey calls for beheading of Margatet Theacher, and the biggest record label has no problem with it. Nowadays, no one wants to release a Morrissey album because he wears a pin of some pathetic political party in his lapel ...

The world has gone to the dogs. Political correctness destroys everything that is valuable and individual and creative. on Viva hate, Morrissey calls for beheading of Margatet Theacher, and the biggest record label has no problem with it. Nowadays, no one wants to release a Morrissey album because he wears a pin of some pathetic political party in his lapel ...

wore

Back
Top Bottom