So Moz can't get a record deal then

I have no idea about how the music industry works.

Is there anything stopping Moz from working with a Spanish / Latin American label?

Might have more success there?

The Vegas gigs might not have resulted in a deal with a US label, but remember we still have the UK 'Bonfire showcase' shows to look forward to. There's bound to be plenty of UK record label bigwigs/A&R who've been given complimentary tickets to the London Palladium. Lets wait and see if any of those are impressed enough with what they witness to take the bait and offer Moz a deal.

Have you not seen the news ???
Sam has ran off with all of Morrissey’s money and left Moz bankrupt.....
Sam is now having an affair with Mike Joyce apparently.
After having treated me as ordinarily and rudely as you dare to answer me ?? Your misogyny and/or xenophobia surfaced so sadly. So plucked rooster, do not bother me I do not do it, I do not talk to people who have low energies. Rooster who does not know how to treat women!! ?,what kind of rooster are you?

After having treated me as ordinarily and rudely as you dare to answer me ?? Your misogyny and/or xenophobia surfaced so sadly. So plucked rooster, do not bother me I do not do it, I do not talk to people who have low energies. Rooster who does not know how to treat women!! ?,what kind of rooster are you?
:lbf:

The Vegas gigs might not have resulted in a deal with a US label, but remember we still have the UK 'Bonfire showcase' shows to look forward to. There's bound to be plenty of UK record label bigwigs/A&R who've been given complimentary tickets to the London Palladium. Lets wait and see if any of those are impressed enough with what they witness to take the bait and offer Moz a deal.
That would be great, but the essential problem is that he has loudly, and acrimoniously parted company with almost every label that he has signed
with. Hasn't he even had the band wear FU shirts directed at a label? You can only piss off so many people before you become a permanent pariah.

Depending on the success and how much his contributions are highlighted, one could speculate it would draw more people into his audience and with that more potential record buyers/streamers. So that it could be easier to get a serious deal after the rap album. But who knows. For example, I suspect it was easier for him to get a deal for WPINYB (recorded and released in 2014), after the success of Autobiography in 2013.
Let's hope it helps. I guess my take is that record companies aren't looking at him as an unknown, not sure what he can do. He's not the new kid on the block. He's well known. He has a reputation. So I'm not seeing how guest appearances or things like that would do more for him than his own completed album, BOT. It's been out there for over a year and he still doesn't have a deal. I think I've asked this before... is this the first time he's recorded an album without having a deal in place?

Guys, please don't be so dramatic!!! Moz is whole and continues, music is his life .!!!!!; he's a little crazier and nothing more!!!!! and it's still very,very...

I’m a very naughty Rooster, with low energies 🐔🐔🐔
My apologies Miss Louise 😞😞😞

I’m a very naughty Rooster, with low energies 🐔🐔🐔
My apologies Miss Louise 😞😞😞
Ok I accept your apologies We are in this place to maintain the fraternity that our idol deserves we are something like "the brotherhood of Moz" je je . Apologies accepted !!(y):highfive:

He should just play every song live and we can make our own live version of the album (albeit without Iggy Pop on the song he guests on). But then again we’ll probably barely be able to hear him on the album version anyway, so what difference does it make.

It makes none. And a record deal is done. And this album must be looking very old tonight.

He should just play every song live and we can make our own live version of the album (albeit without Iggy Pop on the song he guests on). But then again we’ll probably barely be able to hear him on the album version anyway, so what difference does it make.

It makes none. And a record deal is done. And this album must be looking very old tonight.

I doubt he'll play the entire album but maybe we'll get a few more at least and have most of the album? I don't see a downside. I don't think having live versions of the songs out there will in any way negatively impact sales or streams if/when BOT is finally released.

We all know how any new Morrissey album will do, regardless of live versions. One week relatively high in the chart (should be Top 5) as the remaining fanbase buy it, then it will drop out like a stone in week 2, never to return. Record labels just have to calculate if they can make enough sales in that first week to make any money on this deal. Plus they will be fully aware of his 'awkward' reputation, the fact he may well turn on them, and his total unwillingness to do any promotion (TV/radio/press interviews, in store signings, etc). I'm a fan - and even I'm not sure I'd want the headache of working with Morrissey in a professional capacity. It's a tough ask.

I doubt he'll play the entire album but maybe we'll get a few more at least and have most of the album? I don't see a downside. I don't think having live versions of the songs out there will in any way negatively impact sales or streams if/when BOT is finally released.
I think having the songs out there definitely reduces the excitement around a new Morrissey album. The songs are soon considered old hat, because they can be streamed from YouTube in low quality versions, despite them not being officially released. I guess Morrissey has realized this himself too, because the 2011 batch of new songs didn't make it to the official 12-track World Peace.

The album is called ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ which is just crass and ill thought. It’s purely needless and underserved provocation. Never has he had a more controversial subject matter and been so wide of the mark with his anger

The fact nobody has pulled him enough to rethink some of the lyric but to then go and name the whole album after it :crazy::crazy::crazy:

The other songs could be quarry level and still ain’t nobody going to touch it and rightly so

From who put the M in Manchester to BOF is some career trajectory 📉

I heard the studio version of Bonfire the song just last night in a dream, it sounded really good.

Maybe it’s only in dreams that we’ll get to hear the album. It probably sounds better there too! Lol.

Dinked Edition release, strictly 2,000 copies, on bonfire vinyl.

I think Moz is stuck between his desire for the prestige of a major—or semi-major label—along with how much he cares about chart position on the one hand ... and on the other hand his seeming stubborn insistence on saying provocative things and not wanting to have to explain himself.

I would imagine any label would tell him/his management that—in order to be signed—Moz must do an interview with a major news outlet (e.g. Rolling Stone) and specifically address some of his controversial statements and actions (The Britain First pin on Fallon, the Kevin Spacey stuff, etc.). If I am correct—that this is indeed the spot Moz finds himself in today—then I feel bad for him. [FYI: I posted this in a similar thread]
It was 'For Britain' not 'Britain First' , they are, or were, totally seperate political parties.

1) Separate
2) They were both sets of far-right goons Granted - 'seperate', but both sets of far-right goons

They have different purposes though.

For Britain was supposed to pitch itself as centre right & lure in minorities who felt neglected by the centre/left esp women & gay people. And tried to subvert anti-colonial rhetoric.

Britain First was set up by an Ulster Loyalist & is openly imperialist & fascist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom