So Moz can't get a record deal then

He hates doing the selling.

Tim Jonze was trying and failing to kill him off.

He might survive Central. But that is some uphill battle.
I dread to think what it would do to you if he just came out and said, “see those messages from Morrissey? They’re messages from me, Morrissey”

Is everyone else in his social/business circle to blame f0r his downfall except him?

On one listen, a load of us pointed out the issue with BOT, with ONE listen.
Its not that he is completely wrong, he is right it is trite saying "don't look back in anger" , the way the music industry and people deal with this stuff is dumb but the spirit of that record was so sarcastic and nasty, it overshadowed the compassion.
Basically, M's public image is now of a nasty old man with no love and compassion and this record simply enforced that opinion
I mention this as anyone in the band who heard the song could have tried to talk him out of that record or at least talked him out of being the title track.
Basically, all M needs is one more brilliant lp and a few interviews where he shows his wit and intelligence and not his anger and politics.

Good points, Dirk B. Even before hearing the song, I suggested here that the album should be renamed as the rest of the songs seemed to have nothing to do with it, and it smacked of cheap sensationalism.
That was when the song could have been nuanced and compassionate, and we now know it is clearly neither of those things.
I don't think Morrissey Central posting various third-party articles will affect his prospects much, though, however unpleasant.
It's only his own personal quotes that have got him into trouble, and there haven't been any of those for some time.

I dread to think what it would do to you if he just came out and said, “see those messages from Morrissey? They’re messages from me, Morrissey”

Is everyone else in his social/business circle to blame f0r his downfall except him?
Everything thing is so shady with Mozz. I mean was there ever an official announcement about Boz ever leaving ??

Who the f*** cares? I'd mope around for a bit & then say, well, aye, the Guardian was right.

Last edited:
Who the f*** cares? I'd mope around for a bit & then say, well, aye, the Guardian was right.
Exactly. Who the f*** cares? You do. A lot.

He sings songs I like. That’s his job and he does it well. That’s it. That’s a healthy level of appreciation.

From the 'Bonfire' songs that have emerged and the Central messages that preceded them over the past two years - I have never known Morrissey sound so lost, depressed, angry and out of touch. Even the court case, which pissed him off for years, was nothing like this.

Perhaps there was a point in 2018/2019 where he was upset about being "cancelled" and wanted to save his reputation, but it seems like he's past that stage and gone into full self-destruct mode. I don't think he gives a shit now about Central, social media, fans, critics, album deals, artwork or anything. I think he's running on pure anger and he wants to wind people up and see how bad it can get - thinking, 'well, what have I left to lose?'.

It's obvious from space that he's not well. I'm surprised by how much the tabloids - in this era of #BeKind etc etc - don't seem to consider that they might have gone a bit far, in this years-long onslaught.

From the 'Bonfire' songs that have emerged and the Central messages that preceded them over the past two years - I have never known Morrissey sound so lost, depressed, angry and out of touch. Even the court case, which pissed him off for years, was nothing like this.

Perhaps there was a point in 2018/2019 where he was upset about being "cancelled" and wanted to save his reputation, but it seems like he's past that stage and gone into full self-destruct mode. I don't think he gives a shit now about Central, social media, fans, critics, album deals, artwork or anything. I think he's running on pure anger and he wants to wind people up and see how bad it can get - thinking, 'well, what have I left to lose?'.

It's obvious from space that he's not well. I'm surprised by how much the tabloids - in this era of #BeKind etc etc - don't seem to consider that they might have gone a bit far, in this years-long onslaught.
But which tabloids, though, Amy? I just think the media has lost interest in him.
I've tried looking and haven't found a single review of the Las Vegas shows, despite him playing 4 new songs for the first time ever.
Even the NME would normally have reviewed something like this.
I really don't see a lot of malice out there for him beyond Twitter - just a general lack of interest.
The UK media could easily have pounced on him for the Bonfire song but they just can't seem to be bothered anymore.

Sam is a somewhat dim witted person with little or no prospects. He cruises round in his dated mini, like he’s the most important person in the village. I’d say he’s uninterested in gainful employment and possibly sees work as beneath him because of Uncle S. Its a sorry state of affairs but, maybe M is just too nice and trusting for his own good.

But which tabloids, though, Amy? I just think the media has lost interest in him.
I've tried looking and haven't found a single review of the Las Vegas shows, despite him playing 4 new songs for the first time ever.
Even the NME would normally have reviewed something like this.
I really don't see a lot of malice out there for him beyond Twitter - just a general lack of interest.
The UK media could easily have pounced on him for the Bonfire song but they just can't seem to be bothered anymore.
Just a few days ago, there was some daft blog in the Indy about how Moz touring was 'the last thing Britain needs'.
There have been countless articles like that - he's repugnant, he's a massive fraud who has betrayed his fans, we should stop giving him attention and bin the CDs, bin your mates if they still listen to him, etc, etc. I truly believe there are people out there who would quite like Morrissey to kill himself to 'save' the Smiths legacy, that's the level we are at.

Just a few days ago, there was some daft blog in the Indy about how Moz touring was 'the last thing Britain needs'.
There have countless articles like that - he's repugnant, he's a massive fraud who has betrayed his fans, we should stop giving him attention and bin the CDs, bin your mates if they still listen to him, etc, etc. I truly believe there are people out there who would quite like Morrissey to kill himself to 'save' the Smiths legacy, that's the level we are at.
Yeah, fair point, there was that piece in the Independent but that's the only article I've seen in the national media all year.
Everything else has just been tweets and blogs etc. which have virtually no traction in the real world.
They could have really gone to town about Bonfire (the song) as it could easily be construed as deeply tasteless/offensive, but they're just not really interested anymore.

Sam is a somewhat dim witted person with little or no prospects. He cruises round in his dated mini, like he’s the most important person in the village. I’d say he’s uninterested in gainful employment and possibly sees work as beneath him because of Uncle S. Its a sorry state of affairs but, maybe M is just too nice and trusting for his own good.
Sounds like someone else I can think of, but with fewer marketable skills.
Think he could flog some Moz merch with Macca's face on? :lbf:

Last edited:
Uncle S? Surely not…

I think many people do. Not everyone is allergic/immune to or in fear of knowledge, research and science, it’s mostly just those on the (alt-) right.
Wrong

I am genuinely interested how you know about SER?

I'd be interested to if anyone had any links about him that say more about him—perhaps where he speaks or writes about himself.

Grateful for any further info, links, even clues as to who this man is.

Sometimes careers just come to their natural end, and he may be there. He's had a great 40 years, not a lot of people get to experience that in the music business. As I said elsewhere, I do not like the songs, I can understand why a record label would not want them. May that's all it is, he has peaked and had longevity and he probably needs to accept he has to release the songs himself.

I find the alt right conspiracy theories ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom