So Moz can't get a record deal then

A

Anonymous Angus

It's been on the back-burner for ages (Bonfire of Teenagers). I assumed Moz's US live dates or the upcoming UK dates were meant to tie into new album promotion. But so far we had no word on the album being signed or release date or any f***ing thing. Is it true no one wants Lord Mozza anymore??? Have things really hit such rock bottom.

It's been on the back-burner for ages (Bonfire of Teenagers). I assumed Moz's US live dates or the upcoming UK dates were meant to tie into new album promotion. But so far we had no word on the album being signed or release date or any f***ing thing. Is it true no one wants Lord Mozza anymore??? Have things really hit such rock bottom.
I think he should be encouraged to see this as an opportunity to self release rather than feel defeated. But yeah, it's not looking good.

If he keeps posting far-right YouTube videos on his website and write songs like BOTT, it’s no wonder no label wants to touch him even with a cattle prod. We live in an era where things of that nature are considered very, very stupid. Love it or hate it, that’s the ruling paradigm and it’s nothing he can do about it. If he’s really such a rebel, free spirit and contrarian that he claims that he is, he should take matters into his own hands and release the album himself. He has the money and the resources to do it. It’s either that or accept that you can’t do or say ANYTHING you want and still expect everyone to pat you on the back and give you nineties style record deals.

I love the man, and I always will, don’t get me wrong. But this woe is me schtick is ridiculous given the circumstances. And so are these endless discussions.

If he keeps posting far-right YouTube videos on his website and write songs like BOTT, it’s no wonder no label wants to touch him even with a cattle prod. We live in an era where things of that nature are considered very, very stupid. Love it or hate it, that’s the ruling paradigm and it’s nothing he can do about it. If he’s really such a rebel, free spirit and contrarian that he claims that he is, he should take matters into his own hands and release the album himself. He has the money and the resources to do it. It’s either that or accept that you can’t do or say ANYTHING you want and still expect everyone to pat you on the back and give you nineties style record deals.

I love the man, and I always will, don’t get me wrong. But this woe is me schtick is ridiculous given the circumstances. And so are these endless discussions.
It’s BOT, not BOTT. But I think everything else here is spot-on. Especially the last bit about the endless discussions.

I'm just happy that we now have live versions of some of the BOT songs, and some UK dates to look forward to.

But it's not looking good for the album being released, and as others have said he only has his brilliant, stubborn, exasperating self to blame for ending up in this situation.

I think Moz is stuck between his desire for the prestige of a major—or semi-major label—along with how much he cares about chart position on the one hand ... and on the other hand his seeming stubborn insistence on saying provocative things and not wanting to have to explain himself.

I would imagine any label would tell him/his management that—in order to be signed—Moz must do an interview with a major news outlet (e.g. Rolling Stone) and specifically address some of his controversial statements and actions (The Britain First pin on Fallon, the Kevin Spacey stuff, etc.). If I am correct—that this is indeed the spot Moz finds himself in today—then I feel bad for him. [FYI: I posted this in a similar thread]

I think Moz is stuck between his desire for the prestige of a major—or semi-major label—along with how much he cares about chart position on the one hand ... and on the other hand his seeming stubborn insistence on saying provocative things and not wanting to have to explain himself.

I would imagine any label would tell him/his management that—in order to be signed—Moz must do an interview with a major news outlet (e.g. Rolling Stone) and specifically address some of his controversial statements and actions (The Britain First pin on Fallon, the Kevin Spacey stuff, etc.). If I am correct—that this is indeed the spot Moz finds himself in today—then I feel bad for him. [FYI: I posted this in a similar thread]
I don't feel bad for him, it's time he made a choice. Something has to give, something has to change.

Morrissey has 12 studio albums (13 if you count CS). 2 live albums and off the top of my head, 8 compilation albums. Enough of a back catalogue to give many years of listening pleasures😍
If Bonfire never arrives, so what.

Morrissey has 12 studio albums (13 if you count CS). 2 live albums and off the top of my head, 8 compilation albums. Enough of a back catalogue to give many years of listening pleasures😍
I get bored with listening to the same old songs, even though there's a large amount.

I get bored with listening to the same old songs, even though there's a large amount.
By and large, the old songs are the better songs. Listening to 2014 - Present Morrissey is often a challenge, for me anyways. A few gems, some good songs, but a lot of filler.

I really can’t see Bonfire getting released.
World peace seemed to take ages to be released as well, but not as long as this if I remember correctly.
I would assume that Moz has taken Bonfire to many labels to see if they liked it?.
It’s looking like they didn’t like it.
I have to be honest about the new songs, they sounded dreadful with the exception of Veronica which was annoyingly catchy for the rest of the day.
As some one said above, he needs to get his finger out and move with the times and self release, a project he’ll never do if he’s only gonna be selling 10k copies or so, then it’s probably a wise choice.

I’d be surprised if it was released this year even. Unless he drops a digital release.

I really can’t see Bonfire getting released.
World peace seemed to take ages to be released as well, but not as long as this if I remember correctly.
I would assume that Moz has taken Bonfire to many labels to see if they liked it?.
It’s looking like they didn’t like it.
I have to be honest about the new songs, they sounded dreadful with the exception of Veronica which was annoyingly catchy for the rest of the day.
As some one said above, he needs to get his finger out and move with the times and self release, a project he’ll never do if he’s only gonna be selling 10k copies or so, then it’s probably a wise choice.
Agreed 100%

It’s BOT, not BOTT. But I think everything else here is spot-on. Especially the last bit about the endless discussions.
You’re absolutely correct! Don’t know what I was thinking.

Eventually, enough promo copies will be sent out that it’ll get leaked somewhere.
Let‘s be honest, if he self-released (ooo-er, missus) one person would buy it, post the WeTransfer link here and you’d all be on it like flies on shite.

Eventually, enough promo copies will be sent out that it’ll get leaked somewhere.
Let‘s be honest, if he self-released (ooo-er, missus) one person would buy it, post the WeTransfer link here and you’d all be on it like flies on shite.
And we all know who will be the first to click ’download’. Hint: he’s a bit on the thin side.

Back
Top Bottom