"So Low"

Smige

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but I'm confused as to why Morrissey refers to this website as "So Low". What was it that made him dislike it?

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but I'm confused as to why Morrissey refers to this website as "So Low". What was it that made him dislike it?

:rofl::lbf:

Too funny.Wait till you've looked through a few archived threads and been here a bit longer/ and visited The Sty and it will become crystal clear.:D

Re: hmmmm

I bet it was this rumor
No sources are cited and David Tseng lets this one on the board? How about I submit the following, as it deserves to be on the board no greater or lesser than this inane rumor about non-payment:

"I was told that Morrissey was spotted making love to a fire truck outside Penn Station in New York whilst eating an unpeeled banana and wearing green and red polka-dotted boxer shorts and a Latrell Sprewell NY Knicks jersey. Obviously this means he is still very much a vegan but not opposed to the blending of free love and commercialized sport."

Utterly silly. Why a fan of Moz running a pro-Moz site would let this rumor fly is beyond me. Terribly unhelpful.
Asleep -- Monday April 28 2003, @04:49PM (#59216)

As much as i love Morrissey and his views and ideals on life, i find it incredibly silly that he would go to such lengths to stop rumours and stuff that could possibly tarnish his image, pop up on this site. The word 'Hitler' comes to mind :eek:

Well, isn't this a pleasant walk down memory lane.

This is a thread that as far as I can remember where Morrissey first refered to this site "so-low":

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_051130_01

This happened around the time of the Smiths "click track". Many posters on the front page were defending Joyce's actions and this may have prompted Morrissey to respond.

Last edited:

Too funny.Wait till you've looked through a few archived threads and been here a bit longer/ and visited The Sty and it will become crystal clear.:D

Ditto. I call it So Low too, because every thread is hijacked by someone who is truly So Low. The mods are crazy and go by their own arbitrary rules, merging and moving threads, deleting some users while tolerating others, etc.

Hey don't get me in the middle of this, I don't have a problem with this site. I don't care for the main page though, it's like assholeville with the comments and the crazies. I gave up discussing on that a year ago.

Hey don't get me in the middle of this, I don't have a problem with this site. I don't care for the main page though, it's like assholeville with the comments and the crazies. I gave up discussing on that a year ago.

And all the more power to you, CG. I don't know what some of the people on the main page are on :crazy:

And all the more power to you, CG. I don't know what some of the people on the main page are on :crazy:

And trust me, I can talk about some crazy shit, but those people give me the creeps. :D

Ditto. I call it So Low too, because every thread is hijacked by someone who is truly So Low. The mods are crazy and go by their own arbitrary rules, merging and moving threads, deleting some users while tolerating others, etc.

it's a bit of both,
nice, funny sweet people posting interesting informative or humorous comments and then.......the opposite happens.

I think there a small number of people who have it in for Morrissey and do their best to make the main page nasty. It's the same rubbish written in the same style whatever the title of the story. And there is always someone who posts "you are ALL horrible and don't deserve Him" regardless of how mild the previous comments. Simply dull people stuck in a groove. The few sensible voices get choked by the weeds.

I suppose there is someone connected to Morrissey who drops in here every now and then and reports back negatively. If they are a friend I can see why some comments would upset them (though they do not reflect the majority). And if they want to stay friends why they would not want to contradict his "Solow" opinion, even if they found the many supportive comments and opinions expressed here.

sigpic3313_1.gif

How funny would it be if Kewpie were Morrissey?

the thread isn't about kewpie.

it's about david posting an anonymous unverified rumour and Morrissey wishing to have it removed.

The part of Kewpie will be played by nowherefast944.

As much as i love Morrissey and his views and ideals on life, i find it incredibly silly that he would go to such lengths to stop rumours and stuff that could possibly tarnish his image, pop up on this site. The word 'Hitler' comes to mind :eek:

Wow it doesn't take much for you to get to Hitler does it? :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom