So how do you get Moz's shirt?

:D Has anyone actually been sucessful in getting a piece of shirt? Please tell the story. Also could you say in which direction it is most likely to be thrown and how far into the crowd? What part of the shirt is the best part to keep?What do you do if it actually lands on top of you-do you get killed/mobbed/crushed/punched?
If you have got some shirt candy provide pics as evidence or it didnt happen :D
apologies for the rather silly thread topic but I need tips :guitar:

:D Has anyone actually been sucessful in getting a piece of shirt? Please tell the story. Also could you say in which direction it is most likely to be thrown and how far into the crowd? What part of the shirt is the best part to keep?What do you do if it actually lands on top of you-do you get killed/mobbed/crushed/punched?
If you have got some shirt candy provide pics as evidence or it didnt happen :D
apologies for the rather silly thread topic but I need tips :guitar:

get someone else to do it for you, and then when you split up with them, hope that they forgot about it's existence.
Worked for me.
Oh, and hold on very, very tight.

i won't type out my "shirt story" again, but here's some tips:

1. be ruthless. if you're standing on an unconscious woman, DO NOT let go and try to help

2. if you manage to get a grip on it-be prepared for a fist fight. let them get in a few shots and when you start to bleed, spit blood at them and say "have some AIDS motherf***er!"

3. throw a decoy shirt

4. be very lucky

#4 is really the only one that's gonna help....sorry :tears:

At the Roundhouse last year it landed right on top of be during the encore. I saw it coming, then I can remember getting punched in the side of the head so hard it knocked my ear plugs out. So be prepared to stand your ground.

At hyde park last year he threw his shirt out quite early, some guys were fighting over it for half an hour or so, consiquently missing a great deal of the show. This fight was split up when some nutter some along trying to stab everyone with his house keys. strange times.

At the Roundhouse last year it landed right on top of be during the encore. I saw it coming, then I can remember getting punched in the side of the head so hard it knocked my ear plugs out. So be prepared to stand your ground.

At hyde park last year he threw his shirt out quite early, some guys were fighting over it for half an hour or so, consiquently missing a great deal of the show. This fight was split up when some nutter some along trying to stab everyone with his house keys. strange times.

But they wouldnt punch a woman would they? :crazy:

Last edited:
I have been to a couple of shows where the lucky recipients of the shirt chopped it into little pieces for everyone who asked for a strand. It's not easy work either, since Moz doesn't like you to bring dress shears or buckknives into the show. It's a bunch of tearing by hand and cutting the shirt up with carkeys. It's prison knowledge put to good sense!

I got the entire shirt a few years back.

me and some other guy grabbed ahold of it... almost simultaneously wrapped our fists round and round it until they met...

we scurried out of the venue floor area to the first restroom we could find and promised eachother to cut it in two and share.

being one of those red light materials (lamay?) it ripped in two easily and we walked away happy.

good luck. it was a tough thing to do.

got a piece of that bold red shirt from the first G Mex concert in Manchester 2006. landed to the right of me and managed to get pretty much the whole sleeve, was very happy to say the least :) Don't think it's worth people fighting over a piece of shirt, quite crazy really

One of my good friends has at least 9 complete dress shirts of his. It's insane. His rooms still smells like him.

He also owns about 80% of his Prada jacket that he tossed in Pasadena in '07.

Ole' boy is about 6'5" , so he ain't vertically challenged.

3324652278_173129f8d7.jpg

i caught this shirt last tour and there was an immediate dog pile for it. i gained super humyn powers and got away with this much of the shirt.

One of my good friends has at least 9 complete dress shirts of his. It's insane. His rooms still smells like him.

He also owns about 80% of his Prada jacket that he tossed in Pasadena in '07.

Ole' boy is about 6'5" , so he ain't vertically challenged.

Julian? :p

Has anyone ever tried to start a pit at a Morrissey show? That would be so fun.

like a real pit? like something you'd see at a slayer show? i don't think that would work out. i could be wrong though. maybe it happens, just never at the shows i've been to.

Tags
luvm
Back
Top Bottom