So...does ANYONE like the new songs?

'People..' is brilliant, and for me sounds very Swords-y. 'Action...' is my favourite (note spelling) of the three newbies, beautiful intro and mystical feel to the song. 'The Kid's...' is my least favourite but sounded good on my Hop Farm download.

Certainly not lost it. Desperate for the new album, but I fear stubbornness may delay its release :-(

Why can't he do more songs like Sweetie Pie and My Dearest Love? Instead of this L.A rock babble that's been going on mostly for the last decade, the two songs just mentioned where only released a few years ago too, so He and the band can do it. They've just got into a rut I think.

Re: I like Mozza's new songs

I have to admit to being one of the many who took an instant dislike to the radio broadcast versions of the songs, but I have to admit they are different beasts live. I ve seen them all 3 times in a live situation and have to say they are all really good live songs.

Agreed. Live, all 3 are good enough. Action Is My Middle Name still stands out of the 3. People Are The Same Everywhere is a great little anthem live.

As far as any of these going on an album is concerned however, I don't think PATSE and TKAL are good enough, personally.

Scandinavia and Action are different beasts all together, though.

Am I the only one who hates every single new song?

I haven't bothered to listen to Scandinavia admittedly but the other three are dismal.

'The Kid's a Looker' resembles 'Pregnant For The Last Time' only stripped of what little melody it had and with even less nuanced musicianship courtesy of Jesse 'power cord's the name power cord's the game' Tobias. 'Action' sounds like 'The Never Played Symphonies' only not quite as good. And 'People Are the Same Everywhere' must be an all-time career nadir.

What has gone wrong? All the spite in the press; attacks on his own fans; and some of the worst songs he has ever written.

Seems like the end is nigh.

Re: Am I the only one who hates every single new song?

Last edited by a moderator:

He should finally come back here to Australia where he's appreciated. ;)

Hint, hint.

He should finally come back here to Australia where he's appreciated. ;)

Hint, hint.

I endorse this statement. Unfortunately when I asked Boz about this on FB a few weeks back he said there were still no plans :(

Jesse 'power cord's the name power cord's the game' Tobias.

neighborhood-izzue-corduroy-pants%2B%252812%2529.jpg

Back
Top Bottom