Snow!!!!!!!!

hatfull

HIM-full
I know we have a weather reports thread, but I felt the snow deserved its own thread! You can tell by the fact I'm on here on the day, school is closed! I was just leaving when the caretaker rang and told me not to bother. Who am I to argue? :D I have to say, there's almost a foot of snow, I reckon, and it's still snowing, so who knows what's going to happen?
the view from my window
Lulu looking unimpressed with the weather (she hates the cold) oh well, I'm going to be knitting all day!

Last edited:
light weights...i got to work, then we made a snowman:)
I was venturing in, but I was stopped! I'm not a lightweight, blame the school (and the buses, I wouldn't have got in as it turns out!)

My kids school is closed too...as is the school where I work...so an unexpected long weekend here...albeit a rather chilly one!

We are about to watch Journey To The Centre Of The Earth on Sky Box Office cuddled up on the sofa with the fire roaring...not a bad way to spend a snowed in Monday morning I reckon! :)

Love Alma xxx

Yes over here too. Glad i don't have to go out ......
Cheers Moz

I know we have a weather reports thread, but I felt the snow deserved its own thread! You can tell by the fact I'm on here on the day, school is closed! I was just leaving when the caretaker rang and told me not to bother. Who am I to argue? :D I have to say, there's almost a foot of snow, I reckon, and it's still snowing, so who knows what's going to happen?
the view from my window
Lulu looking unimpressed with the weather (she hates the cold) oh well, I'm going to be knitting all day!

Yep, my Dad measured it at an average of 7 and a half inches in our garden. No school for me either. :D

I took some arty photos and I went cross-country skiing around my estate and then I made a snowMoz. :D

Last edited:
Am the only one who is really quite pissed off about school closure...I really need these A2 lessons.
But it isn't as though I can get out to 'have fun' in the snow as there is still a mountain of course essays to plough through.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(I might just watch a film instead)

Love PTxx.

I'm so jealous of everyone that has proper snow!
I keep hearing on the radio about all the snow in London and it's making me highly envious :(

It's currently snowing ever so lightly in Cardiff, but it was a bit heavier about quarter of an hour ago - apparently we have it forecast heavily for tomorrow? (bloody hope so!)

I would like the snow to resume by about quarter to 3 so I can walk in the snow to my lecture :)

I love looking at snow, but I am glad I'm not at work today so don't have to go out in it :cool:

Nice piccy...it looks lovely outside my house too...but I have to venture out shortly to take my daughter to the doctors...I may need a shovel! :eek:

Love Alma xxx

Cheers, I hope your daughter feels better :)

I'm at work tomorrow, I hope the buses will be running. I'm planning on getting one half an hour earlier than normal, and hope that that will allow for any delays/ slow traffic etc. Or I could just acquire some skis or ice skates, depending what its like. :p

Cheers, I hope your daughter feels better :)

I'm at work tomorrow, I hope the buses will be running. I'm planning on getting one half an hour earlier than normal, and hope that that will allow for any delays/ slow traffic etc. Or I could just acquire some skis or ice skates, depending what its like. :p

Good luck with that then darling! :)

We're just getting our layers on now to brave the storm...luckily its just a short-ish walk to the surgery...or an even shorter slide/skid! If I'm not back in half an hour please feel free to send out a search party!...me and two little people...the smallest one of which is wearing Dr Who wellies! ;)

Love Alma xxx

Good luck with that then darling! :)

We're just getting our layers on now to brave the storm...luckily its just a short-ish walk to the surgery...or an even shorter slide/skid! If I'm not back in half an hour please feel free to send out a search party!...me and two little people...the smallest one of which is wearing Dr Who wellies! ;)

Love Alma xxx

Thats enough about your groovy footwear, what about the kids'? :p :D

My two wanted to go out. They soon came back in freezing and needing to be dried. :rolleyes: But not before they pounced around in the snow, after unknown prey. :sweet: :D

Bit of snow down sarff and the country comes to a halt :D

London grinds to a halt after one foot of snow. Pathetic!

'How can you expect southern yuppies like us to walk in snow? I mean, maybe that's fine for you northern folk but not us civilised chaps, nosiree.'
[/joking]

I agree with you, really. I've been shouting 'Wuss!' at the BBC news team for sounding so concerned about it. :p

Back
Top Bottom