Snooker, The Crucible and Hazel Irvine tell us not to worry, that all is well with the world

"But all must ultimately bow to the queen of eternal youth, Hazel Irvine: one of the country’s most underrated broadcasters and certainly one of the best.

A self-proclaimed Smiths fan, Irvine understands snooker’s soft and unique appeal as well as any layperson. Her research is flawless (notice the formidable stack of ring-binders and dossiers on the table in front of her), her descriptions deceptively poetic, her voice cautiously expressive.

Most of all, she looks about half her 48 years: a reassuring presence in a volatile world. The day she hangs up her microphone is the day Russia invades the Crucible.
"

Ah yes, cos as long as a woman doesn't look old, then all is well with the world. Get a job Johnny...

And Hazel Irvine 'a self-proclaimed Smiths fan'? Show me the proof. As someone who remembers her from her haddy days at BBC Scotland as understudy to Dougie Donnelly after he'd had a weekend on the bevvy, and has witnessed her rise to National 'stardom' with utter bafflement, I cry 'bollocks'.

Drooling at the thought of your review of 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' P. :rolleyes:

"But all must ultimately bow to the queen of eternal youth, Hazel Irvine: one of the country’s most underrated broadcasters and certainly one of the best.

A self-proclaimed Smiths fan, Irvine understands snooker’s soft and unique appeal as well as any layperson. Her research is flawless (notice the formidable stack of ring-binders and dossiers on the table in front of her), her descriptions deceptively poetic, her voice cautiously expressive.

Most of all, she looks about half her 48 years: a reassuring presence in a volatile world. The day she hangs up her microphone is the day Russia invades the Crucible.
"

Ah yes, cos as long as a woman doesn't look old, then all is well with the world. Get a job Johnny...

And Hazel Irvine 'a self-proclaimed Smiths fan'? Show me the proof. As someone who remembers her from her haddy days at BBC Scotland as understudy to Dougie Donnelly after he'd had a weekend on the bevvy, and has witnessed her rise to National 'stardom' with utter bafflement, I cry 'bollocks'.

Drooling at the thought of your review of 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' P. :rolleyes:

Firm but fair, as always.

P.

Article by Jonathan Liew in The Telegraph, UK, 4th May 2014.

Extract..."The guilty secret about Morrissey is that, despite carving out an enviable back catalogue over three decades, despite inflecting the personality of an entire generation in a way that governments and social media experts could only dream of, nobody is actually fussed about his music anymore."

Snooker, The Crucible and Hazel Irvine tell us not to worry, that all is well with the world - The Telegraph
If Hazel Irvine is still on our screens, can the world be so bad? Maybe it is so for Morrissey, but not for the rest of us

Last edited by a moderator:
" nobody is actually fussed about his music anymore."

Well, given the quality of the last demos, it would appear that Morrissey and his band aren't fussed anymore. In 48 hours I assume the first footage of at least one new song will emerge onto YouTube. And I hope it ends the Years of Refusal to employ a Quality Control monitor alongside a Salt Grinder.

"

What's Hazel going to do when China invades the Crucible and takes the WSC to Beijing? Go back to Bowls and Curling?

I've actually now read whatever the point of the article was and really cannot equate Morrissey's new album release and solo career with the Jester from Leicester, Rocket Ronnie, 17 days of men hitting balls into pockets, the Crucible Theatre and snooker's heyday.

In fact the only thing they have in common is they're both from oop North. Proof in the eternal minds of Chas n Dave that too much snooker:

Snooker loopy nuts are we
Me and him and them and me
We'll show you what we can do
With a load of balls and a snooker cue

Pot the reds then, skrew back
For the yellow green brown blue pink and black

Snooker loopy nuts are we
We're all
snooker loopy

t

I don't see what an article about snooker has got to do with Morrissey. I also hate people who make stupid and generic statements like 'nobody buys a Morrissey record to listen to the music' or whatever nonsense he was bleating. Absolute crap. That's like saying nobody buys CDs anymore, or the Kindle will replace all printed novels. Absolute undiluted bullshit, just like that article was.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom