Smiths Tabs

Bassist-In-A-Tutu

Whan I need tabs I go to

http://www.micturion.com/smiths/index.php

It is the most complete - every smiths song I know is there!

Allas - only bass tabs, nothing for guitar.

Also - did you know that they are trying to shut down free tabs on the internet - the NMPA have been getting laywers to write to web hosts....

http://www.guitartabs.com/nmpa.php

This is crazy - start saving stuff while it is still there!

Last edited:
They have already done that for some sites, for example mysongbook.com, fortunately people put on eMule the entire archive ().
[I'm now studying I Don't Owe You Anything, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore and This Charming Man; it's hard but absolutely rewarding; I need a drummer and a bass player]

There's a talented bloke named Daniel who's posted a number of videos of himself on YouTube demonstrating how to play many Smiths songs (alas, not including "How Soon Is Now"):

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=danielearwicker

That's much appreciated, thanks!

How Soon Is Now... hmm... now there's a challenge...

By the way, the tab sites linked here don't seem to have the guitar for Wonderful Woman, which I've just uploaded a video of (I've no idea how tabs work so I hope a video is sufficient - nor do I claim to be playing it the "correct" way, I just figure it out by ear.)

Last edited:

By the way, the tab sites linked here don't seem to have the guitar for Wonderful Woman, which I've just uploaded a video of (I've no idea how tabs work so I hope a video is sufficient - nor do I claim to be playing it the "correct" way, I just figure it out by ear.)

You sir, have me on a worldwide witch-hunt for a left handed Rickenbacker 330. I found these videos a few weeks ago and am quite impressed.

Daniel, you're great! I'll happily go on abusing my acoustic as I'm completely talentless guitar-wise, but for those who aren't I can see your videos must be really helpful and inspirational. and I really enjoy awing at them :)

You sir, have me on a worldwide witch-hunt for a left handed Rickenbacker 330. I found these videos a few weeks ago and am quite impressed.

Go to the RicksRUs web site www.ricsrus.com/ If they can't get you one no one can!

on the bass line for bigmouth, on the first bar it is it

8 9
44 4467 7
7 7

or are the last two notes

-
-

on the bass line for bigmouth, on the first bar it is it

8 9
44 4467 7
7 7

or are the last two notes

-
-

The last (highest) note is played on the top (highest) string, if that's any help. So the last two notes definitely aren't the same. I don't understand the numbers you've posted - maybe the message board is displaying them wrong? (Although I've never quite understood tabs. The problem is, years ago I once tried playing from tabs and it always sounded awful, and I never knew if this was because the tabs were just wrong or whether I'd misunderstood them.)

I'll do a video tonight where you can see what I'm playing, that will probably be easier!

Thanks to all for the comments. I'm doing it for fun, too (the best reason for doing something).

The last (highest) note is played on the top (highest) string, if that's any help. So the last two notes definitely aren't the same. I don't understand the numbers you've posted - maybe the message board is displaying them wrong? (Although I've never quite understood tabs. The problem is, years ago I once tried playing from tabs and it always sounded awful, and I never knew if this was because the tabs were just wrong or whether I'd misunderstood them.)

I'll do a video tonight where you can see what I'm playing, that will probably be easier!

Thanks to all for the comments. I'm doing it for fun, too (the best reason for doing something).

Do you like any Moz solo stuff or is it all pretty boring?

Also, on there is a light, the video is great with the 3 guitars and bass but I was disappointed that I couldn't see the "lead" part at all because of the camera angle. The chords on the other 2 are great though. It looks like you are playing a Fmaj6 or an Fadd9.. I can't remember which and can't view it from here.. I play that with a barre F.. I'll try it your way and see what I think.

Anway, all your youtube posts are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom