Smiths Strangeways green font poster

I've seen it on Passionsjustlikemine but I was wondering if people know the story behind the poster. How many exist? Were they printed before or after the standard font colouring? I'd love to have one but am thinking odds of finding one are quite slim. Also, if someone wouldn't mind posting a pic, I'd love to get a better look at one. Thanks./

Strangeways (Green).jpg
Not sure on the exact story or how may exist, but here is a photo of mine.

Also, some excellent scans on Vulgar Picture
http://www.vulgarpicture.com/s1987.html

Does this imply the aqua color variations to this LP's sleeve in fact aren't photodegradations? I can't remember (or find a very good thread on) what the general consensus currently is on this instance. I assumed a lot of people just grouped it with the presumed GIAC "issues."

Does this imply the aqua color variations to this LP's sleeve in fact aren't photodegradations? I can't remember (or find a very good thread on) what the general consensus currently is on this instance. I assumed a lot of people just grouped it with the presumed GIAC "issues."

Color degradation also happens on posters. Actually posters are more likelly to be exposed to light than record sleeves.

I have both posters - I think the scans on Vulgar Picture are mine, most of the posters are - I don't buy the colour degradation arguement for the Strangeways colours (possibly for Girlfriend in a Coma, but not for Strangeways).

No idea how many green ones there are / were, but they are as rare as hen's teeth.

Dave

I have both posters - I think the scans on Vulgar Picture are mine, most of the posters are - I don't buy the colour degradation arguement for the Strangeways colours (possibly for Girlfriend in a Coma, but not for Strangeways).

No idea how many green ones there are / were, but they are as rare as hen's teeth.

Dave

Yep, colour degradation is bs, the green colouring on the strangeways posters and Lp is far too vibrant and pure.

Yep, colour degradation is bs, the green colouring on the strangeways posters and Lp is far too vibrant and pure.

Put a Strangeways Lp in a window exposed to bright sunlight, give it a couple of weeks and voila.

Nothing at all to do with printing or the ink running out.

The longer you leave it the more vibrant the green becomes.

I don't need to.
I've tried that with both a GIAC 7" and a Strangeways LP.
I know what the outcome is.

What about the white text Ouija Board 7"? Out of curiosity, is the text on the rear of this variant always (still) yellow?

What about the white text Ouija Board 7"? Out of curiosity, is the text on the rear of this variant always (still) yellow?

I can't be sure about the white text on the Ouija 7", although I suppose it is a possibility.
On closer inspection, the white is in fact off-white, so you may well be onto something there...

Tags
green smiths strangeways
Back
Top Bottom