Smiths songs played live by Johnny Marr

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
So, I was wondering what Smiths songs he's played live over the past few years, and I think we have...

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
How Soon Is Now
Nowhere Fast
London
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Shakespeare's Sister
The Headmaster Ritual
Sweet And Tender Hooligan
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want (live on radio)

Are there any others?

P.

Last edited:
Johnny played Panic with The Cribs.

Not live, but he played Jeane with Pete Doherty.

Plus 'The Queen is Dead', a couple of days ago in Manchester. It sounded immense - SO much better than the version Morrissey's band did a couple of tours ago (sorry, Moz)

Oh surely you jest! It sounds like a roadie's accidentally wandered on stage and grabbed the mic.

Sorry chum. Totally, totally disagree. There's something visceral and thrilling hearing Marr play the songs he wrote for The Smiths, doing a damn fine job of it, and plainly enjoying it and rocking out. He plays it like it was on the record. So you're not used to someone else singing it - so what, who else did you want to do it? In my book, the man's a genius, and one of the very best guitarists of his era.

5buqvl.jpg

P.

He must have played QiD on Saturday because he didn't do it on Friday. Agree with Peter, it's a cracking version. And that Johnny is a guitar genius.

Dave

Yes, Johnny's guitar sounds better than on Morrissey's recent live version...and Morrissey's vocals sound better than Johnny's.
Now, there is a surprise. :rolleyes:

Sorry chum. Totally, totally disagree. There's something visceral and thrilling hearing Marr play the songs he wrote for The Smiths, doing a damn fine job of it, and plainly enjoying it and rocking out. He plays it like it was on the record. So you're not used to someone else singing it - so what, who else did you want to do it? In my book, the man's a genius, and one of the very best guitarists of his era.

5buqvl.jpg

P.

Majestic playing from Johnny Marr, the man is a musical genius. The music sounds like the Smiths, which isn't always the case with Morrissey's band.

reading amy's sig then listening to this, jeeeeesssssus

was a pleasure to be there

Back
Top Bottom