smiths reformation according to the sun

This was on Radio 6 this morning at about half seven. The newsreaders and DJ seemed quite excited about it. Within half an hour it had totally disappeared from the news bulletin and no one mentioned it again! :D Obviously someone had had a word, but they weren't going to admit they'd just broadcast a load of rubbish.

Just recieved an e-mail from Remembertheeighties.com with this info:

"THE SMITHS will not be reuniting for next year's Coachella Festival despite rumours that MORRISSEY and JOHNNY MARR have been considering a financial offer thought to be well in excess of £3 million to perform together."

It also included this bit:
"MORRISSEY has said that he is to write an autobiography to set his story straight for once and for all, saying "So much crap is written about me, it's hard to live with sometimes. It all gets burned down in history and becomes a part of your legacy". There is currently no information on a publisher or possible publishing date."

morrissey has already proved that he doesn't need any members of the smiths to keep their legacy going during his live shows.

we'll spot elvis alive again before they'd ever reunite.

It also included this bit:
"MORRISSEY has said that he is to write an autobiography to set his story straight for once and for all, saying "So much crap is written about me, it's hard to live with sometimes. It all gets burned down in history and becomes a part of your legacy". There is currently no information on a publisher or possible publishing date."

rad, i dont read much, but i'd read that!

I can actually believe that Morrissey and Marr would reunite, but i dont think the band as a whole would ever. I dont think Morrissey would reunite with all members. :)

That would be great if this would happen.

But wasn't there a similar rumor about 2-3 years ago, also rumored to reunite at Coachella?

I smell something false :)

Last edited:
Good God, if the sun reports this, then it must be true! Morrissey even refuses to answer questions on The Smiths. It will not happen.

There's an article in the back of OMM today titled 'I think I just saw hell freeze over. Again'. I would share it but unfortunately I don't have a scanner at the moment, sorry... anyone else? :)

Morrissey would rather eat his own testicles than reform the Smiths?

Of course WIkipedia isn't always 100% correct, but it mentions that Morrissey was asked to reform the Smiths, which I know is true, but it reads that he said he would rather eat his own testicles than reform the Smiths. Obviously, he would not eat his own body parts, but did he really say that. I find it incredibly humorous.
Hahhaha :D

"To this day Morrissey refuses to reunite his old band, going as far as to say that he would "rather eat [his] own testicles than re-form The Smiths, and that’s saying something for a vegetarian"

Back
Top Bottom