Smiths ref in the new Jim Bob song "Jo's Got Papercuts"

I have absolutely no idea who he is.

It's the more I dig, the more I think the press have done something really evil to Moz - misquoted him, not taken into account his circumstances, & held up a minority as somehow the worst example of British nationalism.

It makes me queasy.

That's the problem with you kids...no sense of history.

Jim Bob and Jo Jo got to caught up in so on and so forth.
Hahaa! It weren't never a problem with Wild T.
I'll just get to Turkey Steppin' and not even worry about it.

I have absolutely no idea who he is.

It's the more I dig, the more I think the press have done something really evil to Moz - misquoted him, not taken into account his circumstances, & held up a minority as somehow the worst example of British nationalism.

It makes me queasy.

He was the singer in Carter USM Nerak, not sure you would like the music but you may like their lyrics as they tended to paint a picture of life at the time. It was a surprise when they quit in 2014 as even though they didn't write albums anymore, they regularly sold out venues like the Brixton Academy. The crowds were rather boisterous though!

This ones about rip off slum landlords

He was the singer in Carter USM Nerak, not sure you would like the music but you may like their lyrics as they tended to paint a picture of life at the time. It was a surprise when they quit in 2014 as even though they didn't write albums anymore, they regularly sold out venues like the Brixton Academy. The crowds were rather boisterous though!

He was just on Tim's Twitter Listening Party playing 101 Damnations! Funny guy.

If it is, it’s a good one.

Jim Bob would’ve caught the first wave of Morrissey hate in 1992. If he is a critic, I’d imagine he’d find any recent awakening a questionable phenomena in itself.

That said he was in a band that felt ethically compelled to cancel their own name.
Could track down Fruitbat and rename the band Carter The Unstoppable Farter, that's way more catchy!

Another post, another truthful comment from the great AztecCamera. We would be lost without you.

Thanks Surface.

I'd never heard them before. I like that one.

I love a bit of musical theatre. Not Hamilton course. :p

🤨

Musicals are brilliant - even when they're awful, it's usually fun. The audience at 9 to 5 was drunk before the curtain went up. And at The Bodyguard women kept wolf whistling the stalker & yelling shoot me. Carnage! 😁

Someone needs to tell Jim Bob that Obama is against cancel culture & thinks there is a freedom of speech issue.

So they'll need to put him on the evil side.
Jim Bob is never on the evil side.
And the new album Pop Up Jim Bob is brilliant.

As far as Morrisey goes ya gotta admit he's said some questionable things.
I think the hate Morrissey gets just for his songwriting / singing is unfair . He can write a good tune and can deliver it.
Also don't think Jim Bob hates the Smiths given Carter USM covered Panic. I'm guessing he's not on board with a lot of things he's said over the years though.

Jim Bob is never on the evil side.
And the new album Pop Up Jim Bob is brilliant.

As far as Morrisey goes ya gotta admit he's said some questionable things.
I think the hate Morrissey gets just for his songwriting / singing is unfair . He can write a good tune and can deliver it.
Also don't think Jim Bob hates the Smiths given Carter USM covered Panic. I'm guessing he's not on board with a lot of things he's said over the years though.

People don't question the things he's said though - they get hysterical as if he just shot The Queen.

And usually when I check the primary source it's been a tart phrase in an otherwise liberal interview.

People don't question the things he's said though - they get hysterical as if he just shot The Queen.

And usually when I check the primary source it's been a tart phrase in an otherwise liberal interview.

Some of the things he has said have been pretty shit though.

2011: Of the Norway massacre in which 77 people died, Morrissey heralds to a Warsaw crowd, “That is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried shit every day.”

Some of the things he has said have been pretty shit though.

2011: Of the Norway massacre in which 77 people died, Morrissey heralds to a Warsaw crowd, “That is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried shit every day.”

Yeah - but from his point of view he's trying to tell you that millions of animals are being brutally murdered... he probably finds the fact that almost no one cares incomprehensible, since he actually watches those PETA videos & sees all the blood & agony. I can't switch them off fast enough.

& his story about his depression is that it started because he saw that documentary about an abattoir when he was 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah - but from his point of view he's trying to tell you that millions of animals are being brutally murdered... he probably finds the fact that almost no one cares incomprehensible, since he actually watches those PETA videos & sees all the blood & agony. I can't switch them off fast enough.

I get that but its something everyone is aware of and I don't think the murder of 70 kids is the best way of positioning his argument

🤒

WTF? another SUCKO group:lbf:
what kind of singing is that FFS: 'tatatatatataaa tataaa'..:mad:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom