Smiths ref in the new Jim Bob song "Jo's Got Papercuts"

At around 0:35

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

A

Anonymous

She can't dance to the Smith's anymore because of Steve's racism/far right politics seems to be the gist.

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
What is this shit?

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
Someone needs to tell Jim Bob that Obama is against cancel culture & thinks there is a freedom of speech issue.

So they'll need to put him on the evil side.

AztecCamera

Blikey, I reckon Brittish "music" is just unbearable to listen to. I reckon no wonder why Brittish people still try to claim the California Son as "Brittish music or Brit Pop" as he continues to dupe them since 1983. I reckon too right bloomin' onion no wonder why all the foreigners on this board are delusional sociopaths inn nnn nnn nnnnn n nnnn n n n it.

Stephen Hofmann

Is he saying she really can't listen to The Smiths or being critical of cancel culture? Anyway, it's a good attempt to show the world we live in by personalizing it into a single character. Interesting.

Hovis Lesley

Is he saying she really can't listen to The Smiths or being critical of cancel culture? Anyway, it's a good attempt to show the world we live in by personalizing it into a single character. Interesting.
Yes, cleverly ambivalent to represent a feeling of the present as much as an opinion about it. I’m going to go all out: it’s as good as anything I’ve heard this year. I was honestly ready to hate it.

Hovis Lesley

It's posted on Brooklyn Vegan so I will consider it a dis track till Moz is untied from the stake. 🧐
If it is, it’s a good one.

Jim Bob would’ve caught the first wave of Morrissey hate in 1992. If he is a critic, I’d imagine he’d find any recent awakening a questionable phenomena in itself.

That said he was in a band that felt ethically compelled to cancel their own name.

Last edited:
A

Anony

Odd to think that Jeff Bob must be about 60 now.
(He released an album titled '30 something' back in the early 90s)

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
If it is, it’s a good one.

Jim Bob would’ve caught the first wave of Morrissey hate in 1992. If he is a critic, I’d imagine he’d find any recent awakening a questionable phenomena in itself.

That said he was in a band that felt ethically compelled to cancel their own name.
I have absolutely no idea who he is.

It's the more I dig, the more I think the press have done something really evil to Moz - misquoted him, not taken into account his circumstances, & held up a minority as somehow the worst example of British nationalism.

It makes me queasy.