Smiths: Portugese pressings

Midnight Cowboy

good evening. for quite a time now I have been noticing that portugese pressings of smiths lps (transmedia) are very common over here in germany (you'll find them all the time in 2nd hand shops). I almost have the impression that they are just as common as the actual german versions. anyone has an idea why that is??
cheers.

hey morning star. thanks for your reply.
none of the pressings i've seen so far are on colored vinyl or have any other special feature (like the bootlegs of the debut album). who would benefit from releasing all studio albums as an exact reprint of the original portugese versions?

My guess is that it would fulfilling a demand for vinyl copies that aren't too hard to find or too expensive for newcomers to the Smiths. Vinyl reissues are an increasing market for ever popular artists, like the Smiths. I've seen Portugese reissues of 'Meat is Murder' for quite cheap in Australia on plain vinyl. The only variation they have from the original Lp is the inclusion of 'How Soon Is Now'.

But I'm sure there's someone more knowledgeable out there.

good evening. for quite a time now I have been noticing that portugese pressings of smiths lps (transmedia) are very common over here in germany (you'll find them all the time in 2nd hand shops). I almost have the impression that they are just as common as the actual german versions. anyone has an idea why that is??
cheers.

bootlegs;)

mmhh...at least it would explain the amount of copies turning up. a few years ago i bought hatful and world won't listen as "portugese" pressings. i have to check them now :confused::p

although i know that my two copies are very likely fakes: to what extend do they differ from the originals? any help would be very appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom