Smiths original albums Japan ltd re-released

Lazarus

Saw this in my upcoming releases sheets at my shop.
All Smiths albums will be re-releases in "cardboard ltd edition sleeves" (cd).
No other information about extra-tracks (which we all have anyway) but for the collectors, here's another way to spend one's money.
(and i might be one of them)

:rolleyes:

Lazarus said:
Saw this in my upcoming releases sheets at my shop.
All Smiths albums will be re-releases in "cardboard ltd edition sleeves" (cd).
No other information about extra-tracks (which we all have anyway) but for the collectors, here's another way to spend one's money.
(and i might be one of them)

:rolleyes:

I'd like to find out more about this - is it Japan only? What would the extra tracks be?

Thanks,

Peter

Ohhh, sounds like they're getting the Mini-LP Paper Sleeve treatment. Only the Japanese seem to do these kind of reissues.
Usually there are no bonus tracks, and it's not remastered I believe.

But I want these!!!
It's hard for my store to get these, I hope I can find them via another route, perhaps your store?

Yes, these releases are Japan-only. This music news site (Japanese) has a summary of the releases. Here's an overview:

- There will be 8 releases in all: The Smiths, Hatful of Hollow, Meat is Murder, The Queen is Dead, The World Won't Listen, Louder Than Bombs, Strangeways Here We Come and Rank.

- All releases will be packaged in gatefold, cardboard sleeves

- These reissues will replicate, as close as possible, the original analog recordings. There are no bonus tracks.

- Each release will replicate the original embossing, codes, vinyl labels, inner sleeve, and poster where applicable

- All 8 releases will go on sale September 9, 2006

- Each release is ¥2100 yen / US$18.13 / £9.85. The whole set would run ¥16800 / $145.07 / £78.75 (today's rates). There will probably be some sort of (small) discount for the whole set.

dallow_bg said:
But I want these!!!
It's hard for my store to get these, I hope I can find them via another route, perhaps your store?

Well i'm located in Belgium.
That would cost you even more. Up to you.
(anyway it's weeks until they're released)

Back
Top Bottom