Question Smiths not on album compilation

richardbajor

I have had a good look round the forum as I'd think this was certainly something many fans would have done but not been able to find a listing.

I'm basically trying to compile my own compilation of any Smiths tracks that were officially released on b-sides, compilations, 12 Inches etc, and including alternative versions, that were not featured on the standalone albums with an identical track (The Smiths, Meat Is Murder, Queen Is Dead & Strangeways). I'm not looking for demos or unreleased which would be a separate project.

Going through discogs and perhaps also needing to compare versions to the album versions would be a long drawn out process if someone has already done this. So if someone can link me to a list or has already produced a list they can cut and paste on here that would save me hours and hours of time- thanks.

Solution
Go here:

Then 'singles' and you can then go through them and see what you consider meets your criteria.

Or,
All songs listed to pick through (minus live versions etc).

Or,

I'd recommend this collection (done per single) as it's very thorough and includes a good rationale for each single's extra tracks.
Regards,
FWD.
Go here:

Then 'singles' and you can then go through them and see what you consider meets your criteria.

Or,
All songs listed to pick through (minus live versions etc).

Or,

I'd recommend this collection (done per single) as it's very thorough and includes a good rationale for each single's extra tracks.
Regards,
FWD.

Solution
Thanks- I reckon the 3rd one may be the best and feels relatively easy to sift through- certainly going to be an improvement on discogs. As you hinted probably a bit of work to do on what fits my criteria but I could always add a live version CD to stop too much repetition on the core stuff.
Thanks for taking the time out to reply.

Not sure if you are on Spotify but even if you're not you can still use this as a quick and concise reference guide to (pretty much) all of the officially released material (b-sides, non album singles, etc) that was never on a studio album.

And again, I'll clarify, there are a few that slipped through the cracks but VERY few.

Back
Top Bottom