Smiths & Joy Division lyrics appear in double yellow lines - Manchester Evening News

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Someone's going around writing The Smiths and Joy Division lyrics in double yellow lines - Manchester Evening News
Lyrics penned by Morrissey and Ian Curtis have appeared in Prestwich town centre

39934_yellow_lines.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
don't these kids have anything better to do than to go spreading truth and beauty all over town ?

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread :laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :flowers:

Last edited:
I guess morrissey did have some cultural impact after all

Yeah, some.
It depends on when that "graffiti" appeared.
OMG, I hope this thread will not be overrun by photos from all over the world to prove his cultural impact! :eek:
On the other hand, not a bad idea, although I reckon it's been done previously. :o
By the way, I am not trying to hijack the thread. :oops:

As both bands originated from Manchester it's fitting to have the words plastered around town, they are pretty much cut into the fabric of Manchester and its history I would think.

vandals,speaking of vandals the new title of morrisseys album is VANDALISE ME NOW AND FOREVER.

vandals,speaking of vandals the new title of morrisseys album is VANDALISE ME NOW AND FOREVER.

I think there is some truth hidden in there.
That Catholic guildcomplex seems to be responsible for his wish to be punished for he, of course, is evil. :ha-no:
No, he isn't. Well not exclusively. :straightface:

We people, all have our masochistic tendencies, no?

Pain, pain, fatal pain, it can play hideous tricks on the brain.
But I like his brain leading him to words pointing to some universal empathic insight and feeling.

Yes!
I agree :D

well I like it as a t shirt, just a street 2 yellow lines and an unmistakenly Smiths lyric.

this Person is a hero:bow:

Wouldn't it be interesting if he would post here, could be even anonymous, and we would be able to ask him some questions about it?
Or are you a bit wary, just like me, more then 1 anonymous would claim to be the artist? :D

Wouldn't it be interesting if he would post here, could be even anonymous, and we would be able to ask him some questions about it?
Or are you a bit wary, just like me, more then 1 anonymous would claim to be the artist? :D

I also think the Artist Without a Name would never posted so many days after ,here as anonymous...we might know not how long these are there written on the yellow lines, I would advise an investigation, and get the right person, and give him/her a free acount of Morrissey-solo.com :)

otoh it could be a Smiths yellow brick road, and more to come...

:pray:

These first appeared in Whitefield, then Prestwich and in the Northern Quarter, which is in the city centre. I used to see stickers on pedestrian crossing boxes with comments about pressing the button for...then some mental health issue or whatever. I always dismissed them as a the work of a 6th Form student. However the 'artist' was out in the Northern Quarter last night and I saw him doing his stencils on yellow lines. He's a bald bloke in his 40's, which I wasn't expecting. Good luck to him. A couple of stencils and a black marker - now people around the world are aware of his work. Earlier this week I also noticed a few stencil lyrics on cardboard and attached to traffic lights in Whitefield. I recognised one as Buzzcocks, but I was in the car so didn't see the others in detail.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom