Smiths instrumental recording from soundcheck at Dundalk Fairways Hotel (Feb. 11, 1986)

A

Anonymous

Has a very "Peel sessions" feel to it. Let's not forget the limits in technology back then...no looping machines, very basic pedals. Sounds great...

A

Anonymous

Wish M would get together with some tribute band and call it a Smiths reunion ! :lbf: I'd go.

Well I never !
More proof that Martin and the Lawnmowers can't perform Smiths songs.
Thanks hun !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I thought it was new. I missed it when it was posted originally 9 years ago.

Translation:

large.gif

A

Anonymous

ha,now wait a minute,I never said that ! Though would be a gas if he turned up to one of those 'Smiths
nights things' and stood in front of the tribute band, just staring ! Or maybe being really into it, going ape !
Would freak the band out. :lbf:

Everybody's laughing !
You are the biggest prick/flat prick on the good ship solo but we tolerate you. I 4ckd you good and proper on that last post.
#benny4ckdugoodandproperhahaHa

Just watching U2 handover their stage to the Eagles of death metal in Paris. Not a big fan but a nice touch unlike our friend Steve trying manipulate the re-release of #Parisforprofit !

Yours in debunking

Benny-the-British-Butcher

A

Anonymous

More proof that Morrissey was the most important element of The Smiths. Johnny's clunky repetive chords progressions ripped off from T Rex are not much to write home about as standalone tracks. Yet the isolated tracks of Morrissey's vocals that are out there (eg "Stop Me...") are spellbinding.

Agree

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
I love the faint nervous British girl chatter in the background, sorta makes the whole thing a real song.

AztecCamera

I reckon that's Nancy in the background talking. I think in 1986 "Boots" was re released in the Commonwealth and she was on Top of the Pops and did a Peel Session. This is when Nancy started hanging around a lot. I think she plays a pivotal part in breaking up the Smiths. Word is that fat Andy used to eat all the Cannolis she made for Morrissey and that really pissed Morrissey off. Anonymous-

Trending Threads

Top Bottom