Smiths in the media - Marr interview, Fletcher book review, Girlfriend In A Coma series

Johnny Marr interview - TIME.com
MORRIZSEY and also Uncleskinny posted the link to the interview with several Smiths references:

Johnny Marr on the Smiths, ‘The Messenger’ and Going Solo After All These Years
- TIME.com

Excerpt:

Were you just not ready to go solo then?
I’ve been forming groups since I was 14 or 15. I had just come out of a group and wasn’t keen to form another one, but was keen to play with my friends and people I thought were interesting. Luckily I got a lot of invitations and that was unexpected and things took off in a way, which I hadn’t anticipated. The group I most wanted to be in was The The. Matt Johnson had asked me to join when I was 17. but I was too broke to afford the train fare to move to London so I stayed.

If you had the train fare, would The Smiths never have happened?
Maybe, yeah. But I didn’t have the train fare.

See also:

Paint a Vulgar Picture: A Fan’s Notes on a Biography of The Smiths by Lev Grossman - TIME.com

Does Johnny Marr deliver for Smiths fans? - Channel 4 Blog. Link posted by MORRIZSEY.

Review of the book A Light That Never Goes Out and author response

An anonymous person writes:

Interesting back and forth between the reviewer and author:

‘A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Saga of the Smiths’ by Tony Fletcher - Lambda Literary

Girlfriend In A Coma: The Series!

Stefanos sends via Twitter:

Midseason 2013: TV's Newest Series - The Hollywood Reporter

Girlfriend in a Coma, meanwhile, hails from Universal Television and Wolf Films and revolves around a 34-year-old woman who wakes up from a coma after almost two decades to find out she has a 17-year-old daughter from a pregnancy she was unaware of when her life was put on hold.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Smiths in the media - Marr interview, Fletcher book review, Girlfriend I

xxxxx

Last edited:
it was revealed that Morrissey lived in suburbia, drove a minivan, and spent his weekends wandering the corridors of the local mall with his dim-witted wife.
That made me smile .... wouldn't that be nice ... somehow?

Great Interview.

Love this song, and the nail polish looks reaaallly familiar...

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom