Smiths in the media - Marr interview, Fletcher book review, Girlfriend In A Coma series

Johnny Marr interview - TIME.com
MORRIZSEY and also Uncleskinny posted the link to the interview with several Smiths references:

Johnny Marr on the Smiths, ‘The Messenger’ and Going Solo After All These Years
- TIME.com

Excerpt:

Were you just not ready to go solo then?
I’ve been forming groups since I was 14 or 15. I had just come out of a group and wasn’t keen to form another one, but was keen to play with my friends and people I thought were interesting. Luckily I got a lot of invitations and that was unexpected and things took off in a way, which I hadn’t anticipated. The group I most wanted to be in was The The. Matt Johnson had asked me to join when I was 17. but I was too broke to afford the train fare to move to London so I stayed.

If you had the train fare, would The Smiths never have happened?
Maybe, yeah. But I didn’t have the train fare.

See also:

Paint a Vulgar Picture: A Fan’s Notes on a Biography of The Smiths by Lev Grossman - TIME.com

Does Johnny Marr deliver for Smiths fans? - Channel 4 Blog. Link posted by MORRIZSEY.

Review of the book A Light That Never Goes Out and author response

An anonymous person writes:

Interesting back and forth between the reviewer and author:

‘A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Saga of the Smiths’ by Tony Fletcher - Lambda Literary

Girlfriend In A Coma: The Series!

Stefanos sends via Twitter:

Midseason 2013: TV's Newest Series - The Hollywood Reporter

Girlfriend in a Coma, meanwhile, hails from Universal Television and Wolf Films and revolves around a 34-year-old woman who wakes up from a coma after almost two decades to find out she has a 17-year-old daughter from a pregnancy she was unaware of when her life was put on hold.

Last edited:

Comments

marty c

Re: Article: Smiths in the media - Marr interview, Fletcher book review, Girlfriend I

xxxxx

Last edited:

Tomi

it was revealed that Morrissey lived in suburbia, drove a minivan, and spent his weekends wandering the corridors of the local mall with his dim-witted wife.
That made me smile .... wouldn't that be nice ... somehow?

hand in glove

40 percent papier mache
Subscriber
Great Interview.

Love this song, and the nail polish looks reaaallly familiar...

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Top Bottom