Smiths gig with 2 drum kits

myboyracer

Speedway, here we come!
Many many moons ago, where video tapes are popular, my friend showed me a video of a SMITHS gig with two drum kits and two drummers.

May I know which venue and date is this? .... and who is the drummer. I couldnt remember if the 'extra' drummer played the whole set or just a few songs.

Any information would be much appreciated. :)

Cheers!

mbr.

hmmmm

Many many moons ago, where video tapes are popular, my friend showed me a video of a SMITHS gig with two drum kits and two drummers.

May I know which venue and date is this? .... and who is the drummer. I couldnt remember if the 'extra' drummer played the whole set or just a few songs.

Cheers!

mbr.

:confused:

It might be a support band's gear?

Never heard of Smiths had two drummers at a gig.

Re: hmmmm

Yes, there are two drummers (mike joyce and ?) playing together and Morrissey was singing. I just couldnt remember if the 'extra' drummer played the whole gig or only a few songs.

Cheers!

mbr.

:confused:

It might be a support band's gear?

Never heard of Smiths had two drummers at a gig.

Cheers, Sim.

I remembered vaguely that two drummers played 'The Draize Train'.

Was this the only time The Smiths played with two drummers (at the same time)?

Thanks!

mbr.

It was Brixton Academy - not the LAST Smiths gig but the time they played there before in Oct 86.

The 2nd drummer was Fred Hood, a mate of Smiths soundman Grant Showbiz, who played in a band called The Impossible Dreamers, who Johnny Marr produced. They supported The Smiths on that gig and Hood came on to drum on The Draize Train and (I think) How Soon Is Now? during the encore.

Brixton Academy 86.....penultimate gig of Queens is Dead tour.

Drummer : Fred Hood (friend of Marr's)

Played encore to Draize Train & How Soon Is Now

Cheers!

mbr.

I have this gig on DVD, so I presume footage should be on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom