Smiths Box Set Rumour

S

sparacus

Guest
Theres a rumour going round that there will be a Smiths Cd box set out next year. Call me out of touch but its the first I've heard of this. Does anyone have any details?
 
S

sigarfut

Guest
Re: All have already been boxed, ...

> Theres a rumour going round that there will be a Smiths Cd box set out
> next year. Call me out of touch but its the first I've heard of this. Does
> anyone have any details?

... haven't they?
:::scrambling to sort our collection of boxed sets:::
 
M

Mr.Improper PIMP of the fuckin nation...and proud

Guest
> Theres a rumour going round that there will be a Smiths Cd box set out
> next year. Call me out of touch but its the first I've heard of this. Does
> anyone have any details?

Actually, I think one of the labels is planning a "Smith's box set" release. I think others here had talked about it?
 
S

sdavenport666

Guest
yes...

search through the archives on here. warner brothers issued some sort of statement earlier this year about preparing a box set for 2006. something about 6 discs. i really don't remember the details, but it was posted on this website...
 
J

Johan de Witt

Guest
Re: yes...

I'm not sure it is happening though, with the Joyce/Moz feud, all proceeds would go to Joyce, wouldn't they?
 
M

Mada

Guest
Re: yes...

> I'm not sure it is happening though, with the Joyce/Moz feud, all proceeds
> would go to Joyce, wouldn't they?

Yep. Twat.
 
Y

young edith

Guest
Re: yes...

> search through the archives on here. warner brothers issued some sort of
> statement earlier this year about preparing a box set for 2006. something
> about 6 discs. i really don't remember the details, but it was posted on
> this website...

yes... looks like being just the albums you have, but in a box. In the present circumstances, the chances of anything new being released are negligible.
 
L

Lisa Afraid

Guest
Re: yes...

> yes... looks like being just the albums you have, but in a box. In the
> present circumstances, the chances of anything new being released are
> negligible.

WILL THIS BE BOXED?
 
S

sdavenport666

Guest
perhaps, but warner brothers wouldn't care...

warner brothers would still get all of their money, and if we accept what morrissey said, it would mean joyce was getting royalties from UK sales, not the US or the rest of the world. it certainly shouldn't be a factor in whether it's produced or not.
 
S

sdavenport666

Guest
Re: yes...

um, this whole thread is about a BOXED set, so yeah...duh!
 
J

Johan de Witt

Guest
Re: perhaps, but warner brothers wouldn't care...

Well, the question is what is going to be on there. If it's just the original albums in a box, it would be nothing special. What they would want to release is a 'deluxe edition' i.e. a remastered original cd with bonus tracks. And I think that's not going to happen, because they would need the band to approve, wouldn't they?
 
1

10 minute eye break

Guest
Re: yes...

will the box be in another box, or is there going to be just one box?
 
T

Tamsin

Guest
Re: yes...

> Ummmmmmmm I like BOX
> Can I get some of that too

stick it in your box
 
Top Bottom