Smiths 2011 to 2017

A

Anonymous

Between 2011 when PJLM seems to have fossilized, and this year's flurry of releases, commencing with RSD's Boy With A Thorn, were there any Smiths releases or new discoveries?

Between 2011 when PJLM seems to have fossilized, and this year's flurry of releases, commencing with RSD's Boy With A Thorn, were there any Smiths releases or new discoveries?

Unofficial obviously, but the Unreleased Demos & Instrumentals bootleg LP was pretty special when it came out. I might just be really late to the party here, but I thought that was the debut outing for some of that material :) https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-Unreleased-Demos-Instrumentals/release/2646908

Many thanks EW.
Any official releases or reissues?

Some of the material from this release just appeared officially on the QID deluxe reissue - some of those, however, are edits in their official capacity. The full-length Queen Is Dead is a little shorter, for example. As far as I know, the new QID reissue is the only official outing for Smiths demos/rarities. That bootleg I linked you however, is obscenely high quality for an unofficial release - as the comments on Discogs describe, the vinyl EQ-ing is pretty excellent, and so is the sleeve. Obviously without promoting the more dishonest facets of illegal music reproduction, if you can get your hands on a copy, it's quite something to own and play :thumb:

Some of the material from this release just appeared officially on the QID deluxe reissue - some of those, however, are edits in their official capacity. The full-length Queen Is Dead is a little shorter, for example. As far as I know, the new QID reissue is the only official outing for Smiths demos/rarities. That bootleg I linked you however, is obscenely high quality for an unofficial release - as the comments on Discogs describe, the vinyl EQ-ing is pretty excellent, and so is the sleeve. Obviously without promoting the more dishonest facets of illegal music reproduction, if you can get your hands on a copy, it's quite something to own and play :thumb:

Great thanks for the info.

There were two new tracks on the super deluxe version of Complete, if PJLM doesn't already have that covered. RATF Troy Tate version and an alternative mix of I Keep Mine Hidden.

There was also a live version of Bigmouth on a CD called The Old Grey Whistle Test The Anthems, although it is unfortunately segued with the previous track.

I don't think there were any other official releases of new material prior to the RSD 7".

I think the QID 12" and 7" pic disc, followed by the Boy... RSD 7" and now the QID expanded are the only new releases. There are a few represses by Rhino done in 2012, those are listed on PJLM but without all the info.

Back
Top Bottom