"Smiling Morrissey enjoys leisurely shopping trip to Manchester" (12 photos) - Manchester Evening News

full

Has been pop star spotted in Manchester City centre

Last edited by a moderator:
His autobiography was a comedy & moany emails demanding attention are meh.
I had an email saying the tickets have been posted for London. Hopefully the coronavirus is staying away from London that day—determined not to catch Morrissey.

As part of their Re-imagine campaign, Harvey Nicols adds sustainable and ethical brands to their store. Shoppers, & those with star-power, buying these brands, will make HN showcase more brands & merchandise. to the current mix. Brands such as vegan footwear from Brave Gentleman, Mink ,and designers like Gucci (vegan optional),Stella Mcartney (vegan, sustainable, ethical). Luxury brands that make beautiful men's vegan dress shoes ,with tan-colored bottom soles that look and feel remarkably like leather. Demand and publicity will also encourage companies to step up their game, supporting gold-certified cruelty-free wool, recycled wool, faux fur, wool, leather, down, & silk alternative fibers, all the latest innovations in textiles.

It’s not important. For it benefits no one to post negative criticisms about a person that one doesn’t have direct interaction with, for he does not post here.

JFC imagine how tiring it would be for him to be a member on here explaining himself over and over and over again.

Wee soul if he ever saw some of this stuff.

As part of their Re-imagine campaign, Harvey Nicols adds sustainable and ethical brands to their store. Shoppers, & those with star-power, buying these brands, will make HN showcase more brands & merchandise. to the current mix. Brands such as vegan footwear from Brave Gentleman, Mink ,and designers like Gucci (vegan optional),Stella Mcartney (vegan, sustainable, ethical). Luxury brands that make beautiful men's vegan dress shoes ,with tan-colored bottom soles that look and feel remarkably like leather. Demand and publicity will also encourage companies to step up their game, supporting gold-certified cruelty-free wool, recycled wool, faux fur, wool, leather, down, & silk alternative fibers, all the latest innovations in textiles.
Well, bravo for them for eventually getting in on the act. Not trailblazers, commercial users.

I should've been more specific. It wouldn't be Morrissey himself playing the Les Paul. But yes, he could certainly use a new guitarist. Someone who will sound like a proper guitarist and not just provide some occasional squawks against Euro-trash keyboard tinklings. Aggressive yet melodic, like a young Pete Townshend, who I guess used a Rickenbacker in his youth more than a Les Paul.
I’m going to see an old Pete Townsend in a few weeks. I’m excited. Sounds like you’re a fan?

I’m going to see an old Pete Townsend in a few weeks. I’m excited. Sounds like you’re a fan?

I like almost all British Invasion music, and I think the Who are excellent (vintage Who, at least), but I haven't kept much track of Pete Townshend as a solo artist. I recall a few of his early 80s hits, which as songs weren't bad, but it seems like the guitar was beginning to sound muted in those recordings, which were themselves kind of polished and synthesized. That was the truly ugly trend of the 80s: a glistening cleanliness. So many artists fell prey to that trend. One of the many things that made the Smiths so great was their refusal to follow it. (I have no idea how Johnny Marr ended up playing with people like Bryan Ferry and Bernard Sumner). On Meat Is Murder I think he was at the height of his powers, and on "Nowhere Fast" especially, one of my favorite Smiths songs, his guitar sounds so raunchy and tangy.

I don't think I'd ever seen this video before. There was one from around the same time with the irritating Tony Wilson, but this one is better. On a thread where Morrissey's physical appearance is being unjustly criticized, there could certainly be no shaming of his looks in 1984. And Johnny Marr is exceptionally boss playing "Nowhere Fast" on a Fender Telecaster while smoking a cigarette.

I like almost all British Invasion music, and I think the Who are excellent (vintage Who, at least), but I haven't kept much track of Pete Townshend as a solo artist. I recall a few of his early 80s hits, which as songs weren't bad, but it seems like the guitar was beginning to sound muted in those recordings, which were themselves kind of polished and synthesized. That was the truly ugly trend of the 80s: a glistening cleanliness. So many artists fell prey to that trend. One of the many things that made the Smiths so great was their refusal to follow it. (I have no idea how Johnny Marr ended up playing with people like Bryan Ferry and Bernard Sumner). On Meat Is Murder I think he was at the height of his powers, and on "Nowhere Fast" especially, one of my favorite Smiths songs, his guitar sounds so raunchy and tangy.

I don't think I'd ever seen this video before. There was one from around the same time with the irritating Tony Wilson, but this one is better. On a thread where Morrissey's physical appearance is being unjustly criticized, there could certainly be no shaming of his looks in 1984. And Johnny Marr is exceptionally boss playing "Nowhere Fast" on a Fender Telecaster while smoking a cigarette.

I can imagine Marr as a kid, envisioning himself as a rock star; the vision would be that image of him, with the cigarette hanging loosely from his lips, playing Nowhere Fast.

Would you agree Patti and band did this rock justice?

:rock::cool:

Would you agree Patti and band did this rock justice?

Yes, that's a pretty good one. Patti Smith rarely goes wrong, and it has a riotous quality. Oasis' version, on the other hand, is poor. One reason it's difficult for anyone cover the Who, though, is because their drummer was "inimitable."

I reckon

Day Day-Dude, look out California Son!!!!...Don't you see that corona virus infested inbred fat foreigner coming at us!!!! Is that a human? We don't have these type of people back home in Moz Angeles.

California Son-I know bro, just ignore the piece of shit. He won't do anything, because all the foreigners are cowards anyway dude. Just think I had to deal with it for 3 years in the 80's when I was in the smiths.

Day Day-No f***ing way dude!! That must of been the worst time in your life!!

California Son-Yeah bro, but I used those stupid brit tish f***s to get where I am now, so f*** it. It worked out dude.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom