"Smiling Morrissey enjoys leisurely shopping trip to Manchester" (12 photos) - Manchester Evening News

full

Has been pop star spotted in Manchester City centre

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been responding.

Also look at my reply to Uncleskinnys post.

And yes his comment about ‘the Chinese’ should be read not only in context, but also from the point of view (if one can) of someone that feels strongly about animal rights.
I feel extremely strongly about animal rights. His sub-species statement was an abhorrence when read in context. That is/was the problem.

Your response to Skinny was sarcastic and about him personally, not the substance of his post.
KS also known as BS has to be right about everything. An awful liitle bully that seems to spend her days running around wiping Morrissey arse - with cheap toilet paper that her fingers go through - hence the stench.

See, now that's funny. (Good one, Morrissey). It is impossible for Morrissey to write poorly. How I wish he would write books instead of music these days.
He is a handsome elder of Irish stock; always a nice and dignified look.

Is this based on your romantic notion of Ireland? When are you planning to return from Brigadoon?

Your response to Skinny was sarcastic and about him personally, not the substance of his post.

No I was asking if Radis body shamed Morrissey out of anger for Morrissey?

In the same way a animal rights activist may make the same comments that Morrissey made (out of anger) about Gail Shea.

Then I asked, is it healthy for someone who feels anger for an artist to obsessively visit the site dedicated to that artist.

See, now that's funny. (Good one, Morrissey). It is impossible for Morrissey to write poorly. How I wish he would write books instead of music these days.

"Body-shaming" is a difficult thing to avoid, since most people have bodies that invite criticism, and a great many people are contemptible in their views, so the temptation for the critic to heap it on is very great. There does exist a fortunate 2 percent, perhaps, of humans whose bodies are flawless (or nearly enough) to exempt them from incoming slings and arrows. The rest of us are physically tragic to varying degrees and in different ways. Morrissey has gained some weight in recent years, but certainly not an off-putting amount, and anyone who criticizes his looks would probably be lucky indeed to look as good at sixty as he does. He is a handsome elder of Irish stock; always a nice and dignified look.

But you accept if he's going to dish it out, he has to take it back. Especially when he's flashing his kebab shop meat torso at concerts? :whip:

No I was asking if Radis body shamed Morrissey out of anger for Morrissey?

In the same way a animal rights activist may make the same comments that Morrissey made (out of anger) about Gail Shea.

Then I asked, is it healthy for someone who feels anger for an artist to obsessively visit the site dedicated to that artist.
Why do you obsessively visit this site when Morrissey has expressly implored fans not to?

Oh Morrissey. Of all the place for an ardant animal rights lover to shop, you're spending your cash in Harvey Nichols, a store currently being boycotted by PETA/CAFT etc for selling fur? Truly disappointed. :( https://www.caft.org.uk/HN.html
Carley-Stenson-Harvey-Nichols-Birmingham-close-up_small.jpg

I feel extremely strongly about animal rights. His sub-species statement was an abhorrence when read in context. That is/was the problem.

I’m sorry you misunderstood him.

But you accept if he's going to dish it out, he has to take it back. Especially when he's flashing his kebab shop meat torso at concerts?

Yes, fair enough. Some of his costumes and some of his moments of revealing a bit of paunch at concerts these days are quite lamentable, and game for criticism. But can anyone who criticizes him aim as sharply and with as much "bitch-eloquent" hauteur as Morrissey does at his own targets? I fear not. Somehow this makes his detractors come across as hopeless and petty, while Morrissey's genius wit enables him to come away unscathed and on top. That's all I'm saying. And he looks very good for sixty, so I think the body-shaming here (which is not itself a sin) is the product of a certain "Morrissey derangement syndrome" which colors so many negative users on this forum.

Why do you obsessively visit this site when Morrissey has expressly implored fans not to?

I’m not a fan on Morrissey’s chain.

I do as I please.

With this, I’m sure he would be pleased.

:tiphat:

"Body-shaming" is a difficult thing to avoid, since most people have bodies that invite criticism, and a great many people are contemptible in their views, so the temptation for the critic to heap it on is very great. There does exist a fortunate 2 percent, perhaps, of humans whose bodies are flawless (or nearly enough) to exempt them from incoming slings and arrows. The rest of us are physically tragic to varying degrees and in different ways. Morrissey has gained some weight in recent years, but certainly not an off-putting amount, and anyone who criticizes his looks would probably be lucky indeed to look as good at sixty as he does. He is a handsome elder of Irish stock; always a nice and dignified look.
i absolutely agree with you that he should write more these days. if he feels, he lost interest in novel writing, why not a short (short) story for a start?

"I’m not a fan on Morrissey’s chain.

I do as I please.

With this, I’m sure he would be pleased."

Well, if nothing else, its a bit of an oxymoron, don't cha think?

shrugs shoulders

Enlighten me

He's just trying to appear smart, so is trying to put you down by being critical 'grammatically'. Ignore it. Amongst other things, he's a 'grammaticist', but that's ok in skinny's world, apparently...much like paedophilia & child grooming & child rape...to him that's all ok too if done by mosque attendees.
Hypocrite.

Back
Top Bottom