Slum Mums lyric meaning opinions

bored

not bitter but bored
Six filthy children from six absent fathers
Take you and your rat pack brood to the long grass of the meadow
Administer seven doses lethal and illegal which may render you elsewhere

Is this the mother killing her 6 children and herself or is this the government kill them?

Ok, so I missed that thread and now it's locked :/

But.. I think it's a murder. The "Take you" part makes it seem like the govt. is doing this.

The words aren't an attack on "slum mums".. its an attack on the way they are treated. I just question if the suggestion is the treatment is so bad they want to kill themselves or part of it being so bad is that the govt. would kill them.

this song has always kind of confused me.

how are you bored?

I never really thought about the last lyric until today.. thus the post. I have always really liked this rather hated song.

I'm doing well. How about you?

The city should be a madhouse for the 4th. Fire up the bartenders!

I never really thought about the last lyric until today.. thus the post. I have always really liked this rather hated song.

I'm doing well. How about you?

The city should be a madhouse for the 4th. Fire up the bartenders!

i am hanging in there.
yeah i always avoid the city on the fourth ,its always a nightmare.
but you have me thinking of this song now and i am sure i will be listening over and over now trying to come up with a good theory on it,but i am kind of steering towards murder as a theory.

I thought it was the government telling her she could die for all they care, since it would make their lives easier to not deal with slum mum and her brood.

Back
Top Bottom